Packers choose not to use franchise or transition tag
The Green Bay Packers are letting more than a dozen free agents go into the free market without using a franchise or transition tag on any of them.
This means that every one of their free agents will be able to start negotiating with any other team starting on March 8th, with any free agent signings starting on March 11 at 3:00 p.m. CT.
That means these key players and others could sign with any team starting next week:
- Center Evan Dietrich-Smith
- Tight end Jermichael Finley
- Quarterback Matt Flynn
- Wide receiver James Jones
- Fullback John Kuhn
- Linebacker Mike Neal
- Defensive lineman Ryan Pickett
- Defensive lineman B.J. Raji
- Cornerback Sam Shields
- Running back James Starks