Prepared to be delayed. Several ramps in the Zoo Interchange are scheduled to close .
The orange barrel business is booming in Milwaukee, and it's about to get bigger. Several closures set to start morning are bound to cause traffic tie-ups and headaches for drivers like Nick Mork.
"The city has a lot of roads that need a lot of work on them. I get it, but at the same time do they need to do all at the same time?"
And this weekend, they are doing a lot. It's a veritable laundry list of long-term ramp closures. A big one? You better not plan on getting on I-94 from 84th street anytime soon. The entrance ramps in both directions will be closed through at least spring of next year.
Then, there's Watertown Plank Road. Construction will shut down the entrance ramp to US 45 northbound through next winter. That same construction will stop you from getting off US 45 onto Watertown Plank, too.
Another round in the road rodeo that drivers say has become part and parcel of getting around the city.
Nick Mork says, "I'm actually not surprised anymore. It just seems like it's the norm."
- there will be a traffic shift to the outside lanes by Watertown Plank Rd from Innovation drive to UPRR due to project staging.
- there will be a full closure long-term by through late Summer 2014 Kearney St EB from 84th St to 76th St for roadway reconstruction.
- there will be a full closure long-term by through early Winter Swan NB from Underwood Pkwy for roadway reconstruction.
- there will be a full closure long-term by through late Spring 2014 84th St entrance ramp to I-94 WB for box culvert work.
- there will be a full closure long-term by through Summer 2014 84th St entrance ramp to I-94 EB for box culvert work.
- there will be a full closure long-term by through early Winter 2014 Watertown Plank Rd entrance ramp to US 45 NB for interchange construction.
- a lane will be closed long-term by through early Spring 2014 US 45 exit ramp to Watertown Plank Rd for project construction.
- there will be a full closure in the morning Greenfield Ave entrance ramp to I-894/US 45 NB for utility work.