Early morning fire displaces Racine family of 6
RACINE -- An accidental fire displaced a family of six Monday morning in Racine near the intersection of Woodrow Avenue and Memorial Drive.
Officials said a resident in the home woke up around 3:30 a.m. to the smell of smoke, woke up everyone inside and evacuated the home.
Upon arrival, crews saw smoke coming out of a second floor window.
The house suffered damage to the kitchen and the first floor bathroom, according to the Racine Fire Department.
Fire crews determined the fire started in the kitchen, in an electrical receptacle behind the stove.
Damages are estimated at $20,000.