NEW BERLIN -- A scare at the Holiday Inn, 15451 Beloit Ave., in New Berlin sent 17 people to area hospitals Saturday.
The hotel manager called 911 when several people got sick in the pool area after they may have inhaled toxic levels of chlorine.
"Normally, when you hear that large amount of people, you'd want one person in each ambulance," said Chief Joe Dallman with the New Berlin Fire Department. "What we were able to do is, it was families of people that were there. So, we were able to put families into of two, three, four into our ambulances."
None of the patients had life threatening injuries.
The pool is closed until the system can be inspected.