One child dead, another hospitalized after ingesting gasoline
TOWN OF MEDINA - Dane County sheriff's officials say a two-year-old has died while a four-year-old has been hospitalized after swallowing gasoline.
Deputies were called to the Town of Medina Sunday night where the 2-year-old girl and 4-year-old boy had ingested gasoline.
Authorities say the siblings climbed into a neighbor's car, which had a gas can in the back.
Sheriff's Sgt. Tim Elve tells WISC-TV (http://bit.ly/J99hga ) that when family members noticed the children were missing, they began frantically searching and called 911.
The girl was hospitalized at St. Mary's in Sun Prairie, where she died.
The other boy was taken by helicopter at UW Hospital.