Tuesday, July 28, 2015
- For more information about Bellhops click here.
Friday, July 24, 2015
- For more information on the “Fast Fix 8” project and the 13 required weekend closures involved for I-40, click here.
Thursday, July 23, 2015
- For more information on the latest Harley-Davidson recall, click here. Make sure you have your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on hand.
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
- For more information of Verizon's Virtual Career Fair visit: https://verizon.virtualcareerfairs.com
Tuesday, July 21, 2015
- A GoFundMe page has been created to help pay for the medical expenses of 17-year-old Arthur Tate, who was burned in a fire while trying to save his grandfather from a second story window. For more info, visit gofund.me.
Friday, July 17, 2015
- A fund has been created to honor those killed in the Chattanooga shooting. Click here for details.
- For more information on which roads will be affected and what time this weekend for the Beachbody Coach Summit, click here.
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
- For more information on the lineup and single-day ticket sales for the Pilgrimage Music & Cultural Festival, click here.
Tuesday, July 14, 2015
- To make donations to United Way's stuff the bus campaign, click here.
Saturday, July 11, 2015
- For more information on enrollment for Metro Nashville Public Schools, click here.
Friday, July 10, 2015
- To read more on the report that found asbestos in kids crayons and spy kits, click here.
- To find out more about the Franklin Police Teen Academy and how to apply, click here.
Wednesday, July 8, 2015
- If you would like to volunteer for the Putnam County Fair, click here.
- For a list of nine open training camp practices for fans of the Tennessee Titans, click here.
- If you live in the 37210 zip code and your home is in need of repair, you’ve been asked to call St Luke PB Church to be added to the list. They’re number is 615-256-1797, and you can also visit them online by clicking here.
Monday, July 6, 2015
- More on Tennessee Promise program visit, www.tennesseepromise.gov
- Tuesday is the last day to register to vote for the upcoming elections in Davidson County. For information on where and how to register, visit the Election Commission's web page.
- Get information on how to register your company for NewsChannel 5's 7th Annual Career Expo here: nashvillecareerexpo.com
Saturday, July 4, 2015
- AT&T and NCVC will present a free, exclusive Livestream of Music City July 4th celebrations. Click here for details.
Thursday, July 2, 2015
- MDHA has opened applications for its elderly housing and will accept online only applications until 4 p.m. July 6. Find more info at www.nashville-mdha.org. You can also call (615) 252-8599 or (615) 252-8464.
- To find the latest rules and times for local cities and counties regarding fireworks this holiday weekend, click here.
- To make a donation to the family of Mitchell Mielnik, click here.
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
- For more information on Military With PTSD, which a non-profit organization that helps military and veteran families, click here.
- You can now text power outages to the Nashville Electric Service, but you have to register online. Find out how by clicking here.
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
- Looking to catch some fireworks? Here's a list of some shows scheduled for the midstate: http://on.nc5.co/1KrfINH
Monday, June 29, 2015
- Vanderbilt doctors urge extreme caution when using fireworks. For a list of their firework safety tips click here.
Friday, June 26, 2015
- For a list of participating locations offering free dental care to veterans Saturday, June 27, click here.
Thursday, June 25, 2015
- AT&T and NCVC will present a free, exclusive Livestream of Music City July 4th celebrations. Click here for details.
- If you would like to help or need cooling assistance you can call 615-862-8860. You can also visit the Metro Action Commission online by clicking here where you will find a link on the right side to the "2015 Fan and Cooling Application."
- For Nashville Pride Festival information and tickets, click here.
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
- To find out more about this year's Live On The Green as far as purchasing tickets and viewing the lineup, click here.
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
- For more information on Austin Peay University's new app, apsu.edu/mobile
- To find resources for victims of domestic violence visit, http://www.tncoalition.org
Monday, June 22, 2015
- Tips on how to home energy usage, www.energyright.com
- More information on job fair in Manchester: www.resourcemfg.com
- A dance celebration in Franklin will be performed by the Nashville Ballet at 405 Murfreesboro Road, Franklin. Find tickets here www.franklintn.gov.
Friday, June 19, 2015
- Small World Yoga is hosting a free event on Sunday for International Yoga Day. Click here for details.
- For more information on the 16th Annual UCO Endeavor Games, visit this website.
- To learn more about the Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) program in Nashville, click here.
Thursday, June 18, 2015
- Click here for a link to LATCH Hardware ratings for child seats.
- Nashville Unites Accepting Donations to Support the
Charleston, S.C., Church
- Donations are being accepted by Nashville Unites to help support the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina, where nine people were gunned down. You can donate here: cfmt.org.
Wednesday, June 17, 2015
- To map your route with MTA, visit www.nashvillemta.org and click on "Plan a Trip," or call (615) 862-5950. Information for RTA services can be found at www.rtarelaxandride.com or by calling (615) 862-5950.
- To donate to the Nashville Rescue Mission, click here.
Tuesday, June 16, 2015
- For a list of vehicles involved in the massive airbag recall involving Japanese airbag maker Takata click here .
CMA Fest Information
Saturday, June 13, 2015
- For information on security checkpoint wait times at Nashville International Airport, click here.
Friday, June 12, 2015
- The Nashville Rescue Mission is asking for water as they conduct their hot patrols this time of year by making sure that people who are out in the heat have access to drinking water. For more information on how to help, go to their website.
- If you'd like to donate to the Springfield Middle School band, visit their Go Fund Me page.
Thursday, June 11, 2015
- Music City Star tickets are on sale for July 4. Round-trip tickets cost $14 plus a $1 processing fee and are available for purchase through the Music City Star website at www.musiccitystar.org or at www.ticketsnashville.com with a credit card.
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
- Metro Nashville Public Schools has launched a website for taxpayers to keep track of construction across the area. If you want to see how MNPS is spending capital funds to improve schools, click here.
- Click here to see a full list of winners from tonight's CMT Music Awards.
- Close to 2,000 people are expected to attend a job information session for Under Armour in Mt. Juliet. More information: www.underarmour.jobs.
- Need a lift to Bonnaroo? Check this out.
Tuesday, June 9, 2015
- A dog was seriously injured after being shot multiple times by an intruder. She is expected to recover and her owner has set up a Go Fund Me account if you'd like to help with medical expenses.
Saturday, June 6, 2015
- To learn more about the Hospital Hospitality House of Nashville, visit: http://www.hhhnashville.org/
Thursday, June 4, 2015
- How to donate to the Second Harvest Summer Food Program: http://secondharvestmidtn.org/
- Want to become a poll worker? It pays $120 for the day. Check out more information here.
- A Go Fund Me has been set up to help pay the medical expenses of Brandon Rawls -- who was pulled out to sea by a riptide while celebrating his best friend's wedding.
Tuesday, June 2, 2015
- Gaylord has openings for more than 50 housekeeping and lobby attendants at the resort and convention center. Apply online at marriott.com/careers.
- Nashville's Metro Action Commission offers summer food services to kids who qualify for free and reduced school meals. Click here for a full list of food service sites.
- An online petition has been launched to help start a program for students with intellectual disabilities in Clarksville. Click this link for details.
Monday, June 1, 2015
- The local Amazon fullfilment centers are holding a job fair to fill open positions. Visit amazonfulfillmentcareers.com for information.
- Visit mnps.org/pages/MNPSVirtualSchool to learn more about Metro Schools' Virtual School program.
- You can drink for a good cause this week at nine different Nashville locations. Ordering the drink means you'll be raising money for some worthy causes. For more information and a list of participating restaurants, visit negroniweek.com.
Sunday, May 31, 2015
- For those in Rutherford County needing to sign up for the emergency notifications, click here.
Saturday, May 30, 2015
- A gofundme account has been set up to help out 11-year-old Keon Malone's family as he continues to receive treatment after a shooting on Fern Avenue. Click here to help.
Friday, May 29, 2015
- To learn more about Friends of Franklin Parks, LLC, click here.
- For more information on the Voices of Music project, visit musicrowstories.com.
- The local 4-H group is partnering with the Great American Milk Drive to help food banks increase their milk donations. For information, click here: 4-H Partners For Local Milk Donations.
Thursday, May 28, 2015
- Click here for more information on the Precision Medicine Initiative
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
- Click here for tickets to the City of Hope Celebrity Softball Challenge.
Tuesday, May 26, 2015
- The Tennessee State Library and Archives is hosting a free exhibit showcasing some of their historical maps. Get a preview here. They also have a digitized collection of Civil War love letters from two Sullivan County youth. Get more info on that here.
- Click here for tickets to American Girl's grand opening at the CoolSprings Galleria in Franklin.
- Visit TPAC's website for information on how to buy tickets for "Newsies."
Monday, May 25, 2015
- A Go Fund Me has been set up for Cory Stokes, an 18-year-old who was killed Saturday in a crash in Robertson County.
Friday, May 22, 2015
- If you would like to help with the funeral expenses of Constantine Laizure, a Go Fund Me has been set up.
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
- To learn more about the Takata air bag recall and to see which vehicles are affected, click here.
- The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology offers pollen count information on its website. You can check your area by logging onto aaaai.org/global/nab-pollen-counts.
Monday, May 18, 2015
- For more information on availability and pricing for U-verse with AT&T GigaPower, click here.
- if you'd still like to get some walking in with Mayor Karl Dean as part of the NashVitality program, check out his schedule here.
Sunday, May 17, 2015
- Music video about The Contributor newspaper
- For more information on “Eye Change: an interchangeable eyewear system!” click here.
Friday, May 15, 2015
- For more information on National Safe Boating Week, click here. If you participated in Wear Your Life Jacket To Work Day, you can email photos to email@example.com.
- There were several walks left through May 22 with the "100 Miles With The Mayor" event. Find out the latest information by clicking here.
- Click here for more information on the auction at Steely's Corner in Columbia.
Thursday, May 14, 2015
- Friday is bike to work day. Click here for more details.
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
- You can now add mountain fungus to the list of things bearing Dolly Parton's famous name. For details visit, CastaneaJournal.org.
Monday, May 11, 2015
- For a complete list of job fairs taking place at Goodwill’s 27 Career Solutions centers, visit: http://www.goodwillcareersolutions.org
Friday, May 8, 2015
- We have near-record temperatures over the weekend. What better way to cool off than a visit to Nashville Shores. They open this weekend! Get all the information and tickets here: NashvilleShores.com.
- Sunday marks one year since Officer Michael Petrina was struck and killed on Interstate 65. A memorial video has been released to honor Petrina. Watch the entire video here: http://on.nc5.co/1Ipwb2j
- To fill out a small business application and for more information on where the MDHA redevelopment districts are visit Nashville.gov.
Thursday, May 7, 2015
- If you'd like more information about Operation Song, the group that is helping veterans through music and how to donate to their group, click here: www.operationsong.org
Wednesday, May 6, 2015
- Skin damaging and infection-causing products could be lurking in your make-up bag right now, and you don't even realize it. Old cosmetics can pose a risk to your health. For more details on beauty tips, visit www.michellephillips.com. Also find out more on how to spot expired cosmetics.
Tuesday, May 5, 2015
- A new celebration of Americana music coming to Nashville is aimed at preserving and showcasing a 1500 mile long stretch of highway from Nashville, down to Louisiana and back up through Alabama. Visit americanamusictriangle.com for more.
Monday, May 4, 2015
- Officials in Franklin have asked the public's help in finding a solution in resolving traffic congestion in Cool Springs. For more information, visit tmagroup.org. You can also submit comments via email.
- Goodwill Week runs through May 8! They are celebrating by holding dozens of events like job fairs and classes all over Middle Tennessee. For more information, click here.
- Starting in two hours, Middle Tennesseans will unite to support the non-profits that make a difference in their communities. Get ready for the 24-hour giving frenzy known as The Big Payback.
Sunday, May 3, 2015
- For more information on “100 Miles With The Mayor” and to view the schedule, click here.
Friday, May 1, 2015
- Find concert and event schedules for the Ascend Amphitheater by visiting their website.
- More information on the Derby-viewing party Saturday: http://frontstretchfest.com/
Thursday, April 30, 2015
- May is Nashville Street Food Month. Click here for more: http://on.nc5.co/1OKJbVF
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
- A support fund has been set up by the Kentucky Distillers' Association to help victims of Silver Trail Distillery explosion: http://on.nc5.co/1ET1Euz
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
- New Philadelphia Eagles Quarterback Tim Tebow will be speaking at MTSU this summer. For ticket information, visit ticketmaster.com.
- For more information on how to apply for jobs at General Mills, which has just announced plans to expand its Murfreesboro facility, click here.
Monday, April 27, 2015
- You can view the full “Crime in Tennessee” report available online by clicking here.
- Several groups are soliciting donations for relief efforts in Nepal, after a devastating earthquake ripped through the region over the weekend. More info on how to donate: http://on.nc5.co/1JwvbeI
Saturday, April 25, 2015
- For more information on how you can be a St. Jude Hero, click here.
Friday, April 24, 2015
- Want to see Garth? Here's the place to get tickets: http://www.garthbrooks.com/tour/knoxville/
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
- To learn more about the MyCity Connect initiative, for a chance to get involved in community service organizations and take part in leadership training, click here.
Tuesday, April 21, 2015
- September will welcome the Pilgrimage Music and Cultural Festival to Franklin. Some big artists have already been added to the lineup, including Willie Nelson, Sheryl Crow and The Decemberists. MORE: pilgrimagefestival.com.
- Poll workers are needed in Davidson County. To apply to be a poll official, click here.
- A group of Rutherford County residents is pushing to remove Sheriff Robert Arnold from office. View the online campaign here.
Monday, April 20, 2015
- Information on pre-kindergarten registration in Metro Schools can be found online at mnps.org. Pre-K applications are accepted April 20-24.
- For more information on rules and guidelines for the “Proud To Be An American” contest for kids ages 5-12, click here. All video entries and parent statements must be emailed to Jayson Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 1.
- Nashville CARES has teamed up with local restaurants to fight HIV/AIDS in Dining Out for Life.
- An information fair will be held Tuesday featuring information about Dal-Tile, the plant and distribution center, jobs and more. Click here for more details.
- Parking options for attending Sounds games at First Tennessee Park: parkitdowntown.com. You can also click here to view a map with transportation options.
Saturday, April 18, 2015
- To learn more about Raise the Roof and how they are working to help those in Uganda, click here.
Friday, April 17, 2015
- Parking options for attending Sounds games at First Tennessee Park: parkitdowntown.com. You can also click here to view a map with transportation options.
Thursday, April 16, 2015
- A GoFundMe account has been set up to help with funeral expenses for Dillon Stewart who was the victim of a crash in Coopertown. To help out, click here.
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
- On site ticket purchases can now be made for the 2015 Nashville Film Festival. Find more infromation here.
- The first-ever Metro Transit Fair, called "N-Motion" was held Wednesday at the Farmers' Market. More info: nmotion2015.org
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
- Plenty of mid-state runners will lace up their sneakers to run in the Country Music Marathon, and many of those are running for a good cause. For more information, visit stjudeheros.org and runrocknroll.competitor.com/nashville.
- A local teacher is riding from sea to shining sea all in the spirit of helping others. Click here for more information on Meigs Middle School teacher Alvin Haney's efforts to raise money for the Fuller Center.
Monday, April 13, 2015
- The United Way's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) offers free tax help for families who earn less than $60,000. For information on locations, hours, and how to file online, visit the United Way's website.
Sunday, April 12, 2015
- For information on the Broken Record Comedy Show, a World Record attempt at the longest stand-up comedy show running April 12-19, click here. You can also learn more by visiting the show’s Facebook page, or click here to hear from the comedians online.
Friday, April 10, 2015
- Car lovers from around the world will be in Tennessee tomorrow as a rare automobile hits the auction block. An Aston Martin DB Mark III will be for sale tomorrow in Cumberland Furnance, Tennessee.
Thursday, April 9, 2015
- For more information on 100 Miles with the Mayor, click here
- For more information on a recall of Sabra Dipping Company’s Classic Hummus, click here.
Wednesday, April 8, 2015
- To honor the creatures, the Tennessee State Library and Archives has an online exhibit celebrating the mule. The exhibit can be found online at www.tn.gov.
- The lineup for Musicians Corner has been announced. More info here.
- Fan voting is open for this year's ACM Awards. Vote here: http://on.nc5.co/1yeyRhl
Tuesday, April 7, 2015
- Click here to find out how you can help the Ashland City Flyers youth baseball team.
Monday, April 6, 2015
- Do you have a little one entering Kindergarten in the Metro Public Schools system next year? Get all the info you need for registration here: mnps.org.
- A job fair will be held at the Goodwill Career Solutions center on Berry Road from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, April 7. For more information on the two companies looking for new employees, visit either Asurion or LGC Hospitality Staffing online.
- For more information on Nashville Fashion Week, visit: nashvillefashionweek.com
- Click here for more information on how you can help horses rescued from neglectful conditions in Marshall County.
- The Maxwell family in Cumberland Furnace is selling this 1958 Aston Marton D-B Mark 3 coupe at an auction Saturday morning. More info: http://on.nc5.co/1N0C7Dj
Sunday, April 5, 2015
- If you would like more information on the Nashville Sounds' tentative 2015 opening day roster, click here.
Friday, April 3, 2015
- More information on how to donate to the Nashville Rescue Mission: nashvillerescuemission.org.
- Purchase tickets for the City of Hope Celebrity Softball Game here.
- Click here to see April's schedule of rabies clinics in Williamson County.
- The Metropolitan Nashville Arts Commission is soliciting design proposals from Nashville artists for the next set of public art bicycle racks through the community. For more information, visit www.callforentry.org.
Thursday, April 2, 2015
- For more information on the one-of-a-Kind Gibson Les Paul Standard created for the Chris Kyle Memorial Benefit, click here.
Wednesday, April 1, 2015
- A man and his kayak partner are racing across Atlantic ocean to fight hunger. Visit his site to learn how to be involved: teambeyond.org/
- Tips on outdoor burning safety and permits: http://burnsafetn.org/
Tuesday, March 31, 2015
- There's still plenty of time to sign up for the Country Music Marathon, half marathon or 5K race. The race is on April 25, and as always will be broadcast on NewsChannel 5. Sign up at runrocknroll.competitor.com/nashville.
Monday, March 30, 2015
- Country FanJam slated for June 11-14 at Fairgrounds Nashville
- Tennessee farmers who go the extra mile to make sure their crops are safe could soon get some help: http://on.nc5.co/1Igoklk
Saturday, March 28, 2015
- To learn more about Broadlandia from 12th & Broad, visit them online here: http://www.12thandbroad.com/
Friday, March 27, 2015
- The Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America is coming to the Nashville area, Sunday, March 29 for a free homebuyer's workshop, which provides potential home buyers an overview of the NACA product. Get information on their free homebuyer workshop at naca.com.
Thursday, March 26, 2015
- A fund has been set up for a family, who lost a father and young daughter in an overnight house fire. You can stop by any First Tennessee Bank and make a donation to the Otey Family Memorial Fund. You can also go to frontporch.house to make an online donation.
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
- To take the Bicentennial Mall State Park Survey, click here.
- The 23rd Tin Pan South Songwriters Festical is March 24-28. Get the full schedule and list of performers/venues at their site, tinpansouth.com/.
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
- For more information on how you can help in the restoration of the Antoinette Hall Opera House in Pulaski, visit Facebook.
Monday, March 23, 2015
- For the latest information on Tin Pan South, visit them online here: http://tinpansouth.com/
- A celebration of life service for Billy Block will be held at 7 p.m. tonight at the Ryman Auditorium. To donate to the Billy Block Family Fund, visit paypal.com and donate using the email address email@example.com.You can also donate via check to Wells Fargo Private Bank on West End Avenue, One American Center Suite 550.
Sunday, March 22, 2015
- For more information on how to get individual game tickets for the inaugural season at First Tennessee Park, the new home of the Nashville Sounds, click here.
Thursday, March 19, 2015
- Duncan, a diabetic service dog for his owner, is gaining national attention. Find out more by visiting his Facebook page. You can also vote for him by clicking here.
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
- Kraft Foods has recalled select codes dates and manufacturing codes of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese boxed dinners due to possible metal pieces. More details here.
- A Go Fund Me has been set up for Debbie Ballentine, who recently lost her fight against cancer. If you would like to help her family, click here.
- An auction has been planned for items found inside a 200-year-old home in Lynnville. Find more details here.
Friday, March 13, 2015
- Click here to view the Tennessee Department of Transportation's pothole repair schedule.
Thursday, March 12, 2015
- To download the official 7-Minute Workout, go to: https://7minuteworkout.jnj.com/
- The Chemo Care Network
- Nextdoor.com is a free social website that links residents of neighborhoods.
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
- To find out more about how to donate to families in need, visit Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee online.
- For daily pothole patching schedules for each region of the state, visit: www.tdot.state.tn.us/maintenance/potholes.htm. To report potholes to TDOT, send an email to TDOT.Comments@tn.gov.
Monday, March 9, 2015
- To help out the family of 15-year-old Da'Vontae Ziegler with the costs of his funeral and burial, you can make a donation here: http://www.gofundme.com/o9i7ss
- Goodwill Career Solutions is holding eight job fairs in Middle Tennessee on Tuesday. See the full schedule: http://on.nc5.co/1C0dwYy
Sunday, March 8, 2015
- To learn more about the Taste of Williamson, visit them online here: http://www.tasteofwilliamson.com/about
Friday, March 6, 2015
Thursday, March 5, 2015
- The Mayor’s Office, in partnership with Metro Schools, Second Harvest Food Bank, Metro Parks, and other community agencies, will open food distribution locations for Metro school families and other residents who are in need of emergency food boxes. For more infomation click here.
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
- For more information on the State of Tennessee's Gift-A-Tag voucher, visit: http://tngiftcenter.com/giftatag/index.html
- Many flights at Nashville International Airport have been canceled due to an approaching winter storm. You can check your flight status here: http://on.nc5.co/18R70by
Tuesday, March 3, 2015
- State lawmakers want to make flying drones over stadiums illegal in Tennessee. A viral video of July 4, 2014 fireworks prompted the call for legislation. What do you think? Here's the video: youtube.com/watch?v=KJ9KLLCCwqs
- Nashville Shores is looking to fill 500 positions this summer. For more details, visit nashvilleshores.com.
Monday, March 2, 2015
- It's a popular festival featuring songwriters here in Music City. Fast Access Passes for Tin Pan South go on sale Tuesday morning. For more information, visit tinpansouth.com.
- The American Red Cross and its Pint Size Heroes class is in more than a dozen Metro Schools. If you're interested in donating or finding more information, visit redcross.org/blood
Saturday, February 28, 2015
- Davidson County residents can pay their property taxes without penalty or interest on Monday -- due to the fact that February 28th falls on a Saturday. You must pay in full at the Howard Office Building or First Tennessee Bank.
Friday, February 27, 2015
- For more information on Bluebird in the Boro
- Parking and transportation information for First Tennessee State Park -- new home of the Nashville Sounds.
- Nashville is one of the U.S. cities included in the Monopoly Here & Now campaign taking place until March 4th. The campaign asks fans around the country to vote for their favorite city.
Thursday, February 26, 2015
- Putnam County is still recovering from a devastating winter storm that moved through Tennessee last week. For more information on how you can help, call 931-646-HELP or visit Samaritan's Purse.
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
- A major pet food producer is under fire after a lawsuit said some of its dog food has led to major illness and even death. For more information, visit truthaboutpetfood.com.
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
- The Nashville Humane Association is gearing up for a big benefit Wednesday from 6 to 9pm. For information, visit their web site at nashvillehumane.org/.
- The Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance (TDCI) has cautioned consumers to be alert to potential price gouging following February’s deadly winter ice storms. If you have a problem, you can file a complaint at www.tn.gov/consumer or call toll-free 1-800-342-8385. Consumer Affairs also has a price gouging online complaint form that you can fill out.
Monday, February 23, 2015
- The American Red Cross reports a shortage of blood donations in Middle Tennessee after cold weather caused problems with deliveries. They've asked for people to donate. Information can be found on their site: redcross.org/blood
- To find out more about Second Harvest Food Bank and how they’re helping families in need after the winter storm, click here.
Thursday, February 19, 2015
- Saturday was 50K Tree Day, but it has been rescheduled. Get more information on their site at http://tectn.org/50ktreeday/
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
- The Nashville Sounds have postponed Thursday's job fair at Greer Stadium. Details: http://on.nc5.co/1DDt8kB
- Shelters Set Up To Accommodate Homeless, Those Without Power
- A Go Fund Me account has been set up for Kristi Clark and her son, Carter Oakley, who were struck and killed Monday night while trying to help others who had been involved in a crash on I-65.
- For more information on how you can help Sacred Sparks Ministry, visit their website.
Sunday, February 15, 2015
- If you applied for the Tennessee Promise last fall, today, Sunday, February 15, is the deadline to apply for Federal Student Aid. Click here to find out more.
Friday, February 13, 2015
Thursday, February 12, 2015
- Residents who need help signing up for healthcare under the Affordable Care Act can visit the following locations:
Friday, February 13
9 am - 12 pm Hope Clinic, 1810 Hayes St
9 am - 12 pm Matthew Walker, 1035 14th Avenue North
9 am - 4:30 pm Downtown Library, 615 Church Street
1 pm - 4:30 pm NICE, 417 Welshwood Dr #100
Saturday, February 14
9 am - 4:30 pm Downtown Library, 615 Church Street
Sunday, February 15 *Last Day To Enroll*
10 am - 11 pm Family & Children Services, 201 23rd Avenue North
Tuesday, February 10, 2015
- Poetry contest guidelines are available on the Metro Arts website at www.artsnashville.org.
- You Have The Power held a screening of "No Girl's Dream," a documentary on human trafficking in Tennessee. MORE: http://www.yhtp.org/
Monday, February 9, 2015
- If you are interested in a Greer Stadium sign send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. They will respond with what signs are still available.
- The Franklin Fire Youth Video Challenge kicks off Monday, February 9, and features a GoPro Hero4 grand prize package valued at more than $500. The contest is open to Williamson County middle school and high school students, ages 11 – 18. Participants are asked to create a video, three minutes or less, that illustrates the theme, “Where there is love, there are smoke alarms.” The deadline to enter is March 31, 2015. For more information please visit www.franklintn.gov/government/fire/youth-video-challenge.
Sunday, February 8, 2015
- Affordable Care Act Enrollment Events
- To donate money towards funeral expenses for Daniel Winters visit: http://www.gofundme.com/
Saturday, February 7, 2015
- A man in Tennessee is creating "incredibly tiny homes."
Friday, February 6, 2015
- For more info on ACA enrollment help in Nashville or how to get local assistance, call Seedco at 866-720-1711 or visit www.getcoveredamerica.org/connector/ to find local events or schedule an appointment.
- More details on splitsecnd, an emergency assistance service for drivers.
Thursday, February 5, 2015
- For more information on Healing Arts Project, Inc. visit healingartsprojectinc.org.
Wednesday, February 4, 2015
- For more information on the Community Housing Partnership of Williamson County, click here.
Tuesday, February 3, 2015
- For more information about Nashville Rescue Mission’s Hearts of Hope event, go to nashvillerescuemission.org/hearts_of_hope/.
- A job fair is being held Wednesday, February 4 for machine operators at VIAM Manufacturing in Manchester. They are looking to fill more than 50 positions in Manchester and Tullahoma. Interested applicants must apply online first at www.staffingsolutions.com and then come for a personal interview at 157 Parktower Rd. Manchester, TN, 37388. Bring two forms of identification.
Monday, February 2, 2015
- Expectant mothers may sign up for a free ultrasound from the Volunteer State Community College Sonography Program starting next month. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call Monica Pipkins at (615) 230-3339. For more information about the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, visit www.volstate.edu/DMS.
- Open enrollment for Wilson County Schools is underway. Four schools are open, including Carroll-Oakland Elementary, Watertown Elementary, Watertown Middle, and Watertown High School. Parents who are interested can get an application at www.wcschools.com and look for the Open Enrollment tab. Applications are due by Tuesday, March 31.
Thursday, January 29, 2015
- To see the latest artwork from Hatch Show Print and to learn the history of the Hatch family, visit: hatchshowprint.com/
- Financial Fitness Friday is an initiative taking place at all Regions locations throughout Regions 16 state footprint. For more information on the program or to learn about how you can utilize these free services, visit www.regions.com/advice.rf.
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
- The Tennessee Highway Patrol is accepting applications for the 2015 Citizens' Trooper Academy in March. To apply, visit: www.tn.gov/safety.
- The Adventure Science Center will host a fundraiser called the Scientia Soirée on Saturday, February 28 to support science enrichment programs. For more information on the event and tickets, visit: http://www.adventuresci.org/events/event/scientia-soiree/
- For information about the undeclared peanut allergen found in the Pride of Szeged Hungarian Spice paprika, click here. For a list of other recent food recalls, visit: http://www.fda.gov/
Tuesday, January 27, 2015
- Google Fiber is coming to Nashville. Sign up online for updates to see if the service is coming to your address here: google.com/cities/nashville
- If you would like to apply to be a Crossing Guard, visit Nashville.gov's website.
- The Tennessee Department of Agriculture is taking applications for hemp famers. The application and memorandum are available here.
Monday, January 26, 2015
- Voting is underway until Feb. 6 in TDOT's safety slogan contest. Votes can be cast here: www.tdot.state.tn.us/dms/default.shtml
- Nashville Metropolitan Transit Authority and Regional Transportation Authority of Middle Tennessee will hold five public meetings regarding proposed improvements for its biannual system changes, including a new BRT lite service for Charlotte Avenue. More information can be found here.
- It's Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day. Go to on.nc5.co/1Jst5dc for a cool video.
Sunday, January 25, 2015
- For more information on the carpeted indoor R/C track visit: Extreme Hobby Shop Indoor R/C Track
Friday, January 23, 2015
- A Go Fund Me account has been set up for Jessica Shainberg, a 14-year-old recently diagnosed with a rare spinal condition called Transverse Myelitis.
- For more information on Nashville Restaurant week, running from January 19-25, visit their website.
Thursday, January 22, 2015
- For more information on Integrated Math at Metro Nashville Public Schools and how it deals with Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Geometry, visit their site here: http://www.mnps.org/pages/mnps/Academics/Integrated_Math
- For more information on New Beginnings, which provides women access to wellness programs, visit their website.
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
- A complete listing of job fairs taking place at Goodwill’s 29 Career Solutions centers can be found at www.goodwillcareersolutions.org.
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
- If you would like to find out more information about getting healthy food delivered to your home, visit Green BEAN Delivery. Just select the Greater Nashville Area to get started.
Monday, January 19, 2015
- For more information about Franklin's Old, Old Jail visit:
- The 12th Annual Main Street Brewfest in Franklin is set for March 14, 2015. Tickets are on sale now. Go to downtownfranklintn.com/events/brewfest/ for more information.
- It's Nashville Restaurant Week! For a list of participating restaurants go to http://nashvilleoriginals.com/nashville-restaurant-week/ where you can also find links to their menus.
- To help officials in Murfreesboro with their plan for the next five years, click here to take part in the Murfreesboro Homelessness Survey.
Thursday, January 15, 2015
- For more information of Mt. Zion's Church Fit initiative: www.mtzionnashville.org
- Nashville Originals Restaurant Week
- Vince Gill joined Frontier Communications, Dish Network and CoBank to announce a city revitalization contest. Multiple towns, including Cookeville, are bidding for a chance to win millions of dollars to invest in their communities. For more information, click here.
- The new state maps are out for 2015. If you would like a copy, you can downtown one from TDOT's website or order one online.
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
- Local Events, Activities For Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- View a "Prostate Cancer Calculator" for men.
- Dollywood Entertainment is holding auditions in Nashville for their 2015 season. Auditions will be held on Saturday, January 17, at Rocketown on 4th Avenue South. Visit Dollywood's website for more details.
- There are several locations in the Middle Tennessee area that offer free mammograms and clinical breast exams to women without insurance. Click here for the full list of locations.
- Community leaders want anyone possible to attend a listening session with Fort Campbell and Army leaders on January 20 to explain the importance of keeping soldiers here. The meeting will be held from 6-8:30 p.m. at the Fort Campbell Family Resource Center (FRC) located at 1501 William C. Lee Road. Attendees can enter at Gate 1 with a valid photo ID card, beginning at 4 p.m. Attendees will be allowed entrance to the FRC building beginning at 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
- To sign up to volunteer for Hands On Nashville on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, go to www.hon.org/mlkday
Monday, January 12, 2015
- To help sponsor students to see Selma click here.
- Tennessee State Parks is interested in finding out what park visitors think about Bledsoe Creek State Park's current condition, in addition to their thoughts on amenities, recreation activities and the various services they seek when selecting any park to visit. The survey is available through Jan. 30, and can be accessed by visiting on.nc5.co/14qO8gl.
- Information about the lottery computer program failure is available at mnps.org.
Friday, January 9, 2015
- A woman who recently found 336 cans of cream of celery soup on her porch has now created a non-profit.
Thursday, January 8, 2015
- For more information on this year's Bonnaroo, visit their website or call 1-844-ROO-2015.
Wednesday, January 7, 2015
Tuesday, January 6, 2015
- Rutherford County Schools have posted a factsheet on the district's website after a student at Smyrna High School tested positive for active tuberculosis.
- Several organizations around the area are providing shelter to people as bitterly cold temperatures move into the area, including the Nashville Rescue Mission, Room In The Inn, Open Table and Oasis Center.
Monday, January 5, 2015
- Information about the Nashville Boat Show is available at: www.nashvilleboatshow.com
Friday, January 2, 2015
- The Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources is taking natural Christmas trees to recycle for fish cover in lakes across the state. Information on the recycling sites is at fw.ky.gov/fish/pages/Xmas--Tree--Recycling.aspx.
- TDOT has been getting a lot of attention lately with their safety messages, including one that says, "Eyes on the road and head out of your apps." Now they're giving residents the chance to come up with even better ones: TDOT Safety Message Contest
- Alive At The Bluebird
2014 News Links
Wednesday, December 31, 2014
- Ford Ice Center is ringing in the New Year on the "coolest ice in town." Click for details.
Monday, December 29, 2014
- On Tuesday, December 30, NewsChannel 5 is partnering with the Red Cross for the Holiday Heroes Blood Drives. Giveaways (while supplies last) at all drives include Red Cross long-sleeve t-shirts. Here is a list of locations and times where you can take part:
- Nashville Donor Center, 2201 Charlotte Avenue, Nashville: 9:15 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.
- Mt. Juliet Community Center, 1075 Charlie Daniels Parkway, Mt. Juliet: 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Nashville Predators, Bridgestone Arena: 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. (All presenting donors receive voucher for free future Preds game, while supplies last.)
- Hartsville Church of Christ, 108 Halltown Road, Hartsville: 1:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Wal-Mart, 7100 Hopgood Road, Fairview: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Kroger, 330 Franklin Road, Brentwood: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- A Go Fund Me site has been set up to help a Clarksville family who lost everything in a house fire. Learn about how to donate here: gofundme.com/jeg204
Tuesday, December 23, 2014
- The next, few days are expected to create delays for many travelers. If you need to check your flight status, visit the Nashville International Airport's website.
- If you're interested in becoming a foster pet owner, you can visit Animal Control's website.
Monday, December 22, 2014
- Interested in going into downtown Nashville for the New Year's Eve festivities? Get all the information here: visitmusiccity.com/newyearseve
Friday, December 19, 2014
- T-Mobile customers can visit http://www.t-mobilerefund.com to submit a claim, find information about refund eligibility and request a free account summary that details PSMS purchases on their accounts. Consumers may also call the Refund Administrator at (855) 382-6403.
- TSA Lost & Found Information
- Make a donation to Metro Police's Christmas Basket program by clicking here.
Thursday, December 18, 2014
- Tennessee Department of State -Charitable Organizations and Financial Reports
- TSA lost and found information
- If you would like to contribute to Trevecca's "Build a Stable" campaign, visit the university's website.
- Fire officials have safety tips for preventing Christmas tree fires this holiday season. Click here for details.
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
- The city of Hendersonville is now using the CodeRED Emergency Notification Center, which allows officals to contact you with important city information, weather warnings, or other important messages. To sign up, go to hvilletn.org/CodeRed.
- The Wild West Comedy Festival will return to Nashville for its second year with an all-star line-up. The 2015 festival begins Wednesday, April 14 and runs through Sunday, April 19. Tickets are on sale starting this Friday, December 19, 2014 at 10 a.m. at www.wildwestcomedyfestival.com.
- Friends and family of the late Dawn Sears, vocalist for the Time Jumpers, have asked for donations to be made to benefit research for lung cancer in lieu of flowers. Click here for more information.
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
- King’s Hawaiian is looking for someone to travel to beautiful Hawaii to be their Culinary Explorer. Go to on.nc5.co/1ACKmer for more information on how to apply.
Monday, December 15, 2014
- Walmart will be hiring approximately 300 associates to work at a new store in Murfreesboro off of Joe B. Jackson Parkway. The hiring center is located at 220 Veterans Parkway in Murfreesboro. Applications will be accepted Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Interested applicants may also apply online at careers.walmart.com.
- If you get a phone call from someone claiming to be from the IRS either a real person or a robotic call asking for money, call the IRS Treasury Inspector General. You can get the information at irs.gov.
Saturday, December 13, 2014
- Events commemorating the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Nashville are being held Saturday-Tuesday. For more information, visit the preservation society's website.
Thursday, December 11, 2014
- For the seventh year in a row, Oralee Meyers is offering families in need a free Christmas tree. He's opening up his farm in Readyville in Cannon County this weekend. Call 615-202-7879 to make an appointment.
- If you would like to help a family of seven, whose Watertown home was destroyed by fire, visit their Go Fund Me account.
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
- Wednesday is the Tennessee Celebration of Human Rights Day. Register to attend the free event at the First Amendment Center here: www.nashvillehumanrights.org/.
- View the full list of winners of the State Fire Marshal’s Office 2014 Fire Prevention Poster Contest and the 2014 Public Fire Educator of the Year award. The winners will be honored at an awards ceremony on Jan. 31 in Bell Buckle.
- Nashville Seniors' Christmas ShinnDig, Seating is limited, so please email email@example.com or call 615.732.6280 to RSVP.
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
- The Tennessee Residence, home to Gov. Bill Haslam and Crissy Haslam, is open to the public for holiday tours. The open house runs through Dec. 17, with tours offered Monday through Saturday. Reservations for the tours are available on the first lady's website at www.tn.gov/firstlady.
- The Salvation Army
Monday, December 8, 2014
- Metro Schools has opened its first ever district-wide parent survey to gather parent opinions on instruction, school climate, communications and the overall school experience. Go to www.mystudentsurvey.com/parents to participate.
- Second Harvest: Ms. Cheap's Penny Drive
- Nashville Seniors' Christmas ShinnDig, Seating is limited, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615.732.6280 to RSVP.
Friday, December 5, 2014
Thursday, December 4, 2014
- The deadline for Metro's Optional Schools Application is Friday, December 5. For more information, go to on.nc5.co/12BF5sY.
- Erik Bendl is walking across the country to raise awareness for diabetes. Today, he made a stop in Tennessee. Find out more by visiting his website.
Wednesday, December 3, 2014
- For more information about this Vanderbilt University research and other projects being studied, go to www.vanderbilt.edu/csdi/.
- More holiday gift ideas from CNET.com
- A GoFundMe account has been set up for Christopher Nichols, a three-year-old battling Lyme Disease.
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
- Hands on Nashville is launching it's annual ReCYCLE for Kids bike donation program. They're setting up more than 20 donation sites as a part of "Giving Tuesday." For more information, go to www.hon.org/recyclebikeslocations.
- Hope Smiles provides dental help for the underserved in Nashville. Visit hopesmiles.org/ for information on the program.
- Walmart Food Pantry Grant Voting
- The Little Pantry That Could
Monday, December 1, 2014
Sunday, November 30, 2014
- Find out how you can help "Be A Santa To A Senior"
Saturday, November 29, 2014
- Another easy way to find local products without pounding the pavement is to visit the Taste of Tennessee Online Store. Shoppers can click on links and connect to a business or producer site and order directly from the producer by clicking here.
Thursday, November 27, 2014
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Friday, November 21, 2014
- eBenefits for Veterans
- How would you like a buy-one, get-one-free ticket offer on the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, starring The Rockettes? To get the deal, you must buy your tickets by November 30 and use the code RCCSPC at http://bit.ly/10g0SEP.
- Advice and guidance from Regions bank.
- The new MDVIP healthcare program shifts the doctors' focus to proactive preventative care. Take a look at their site to detemine if it's right for you: mdvip.com/
- Click here if you would like to donate to the Metro Police Christmas Basket Program.
- A petition has been created on Change.org to preserve the Colonial Bakery magnolia tree. Details: http://on.nc5.co/1uMcn1J
Thursday, November 20, 2014
- Click here for more information on the Nashville International Auto Show.
- To donate clothing to YWCA boutique "2616," call 615-269-9922 or visit http://ywcanashville.com/
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
- For more info about the Nashville Christmas Parade, go to www.nashvillechristmasparade.com.
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
- Officials at Mammoth Cave National Park are considering a proposal to increase fees for camping and cave tours. The park is accepting comments on the proposal through Dec. 5 on its website at parkplanning.nps.gov/MACA.
- For more information on how to fill out an application with the Metro Action Commission for assistance during the cold weather months, visit their website.
Monday, November 17, 2014
- Mayor Karl Dean helped celebrate a new traffic roundabout and streetscape project in Sylvan Park with a ribbon-cutting ceremony. The centerpiece of the project is a single-lane, landscaped urban roundabout that improves traffic flow at the intersection of 46th Avenue North and Murphy Road. For tips on driving the new roundabout, including how to enter and exit, go to on.nc5.co/14AslDL.
- Parents can review & provide input on all of the state’s Common Core standards at apps.tn.gov/tcas/.
Friday, November 14, 2014
- Find out how you can help the effort to rebuild an old historic mill that used to be on the property at Henry Horton State Park.
Thursday, November 13, 2014
- A warming shelter has been opened in Clarksville between now November 18. Supplies and volunteers are still needed. For more information, visit Manna Cafe Ministries's website.
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
- United Way Needs Volunteers to Put Dollars Back in Pockets. VITA volunteers can save taxpayers $200-$300 in tax prep fees. For more information and to sign up to volunteer, visit www.VolunteerForVITA.org.
- For more safety tips on fire prevention during the winter months, click here.
- A Country Christmas runs from November 14, 2014 until January 3, 2015. Tickets and information are available on Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center's website.
- To find out how you can help the Animal Rescue Corps, visit their facebook page.
Monday, November 10, 2014
- Austin Peay State University is planning to auction off several camouflage football jerseys to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. The auction will be conducted online at www.letsgopeay.com, with the auction beginning as early as Tuesday, Veterans Day.
Sunday, November 9, 2014
- Veterans Day Freebies
- Students in Alabama are fundraising so they can build Tiny Homes For Homeless Of Huntsville.
Saturday, November 8, 2014
- A GoFundMe site has been set up for the family of Maury County Deputy Darrell Perritt who tragically died Tuesday in a car crash. Click here for details.
Thursday, November 6, 2014
- Beretta USA will conduct an Information Fair on Friday, November 7, 2014 at Volunteer State Community College located at 1480 Nashville Pike in Gallatin. To register for this free event, visit www.workforceessentials.com/event/.
- Institute for Highway Safety Booster Seat Ratings
- Nashville Toys For Tots
- Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has unveiled a website, where Tennesseans can review and comment on the state’s current K-12 academic standards.
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
- Vol State has launched a Computer Information Technology Degree. For more information visit www.volstate.edu/CIT
- Find out how you can help the Animal Rescue Corps by visiting their website.
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
- Maury County Sheriff's Deputy Darrell Perritt died early Tuesday in a crash. A GoFundMe site has been started to support Deputy Perritt's family.
- Nashville Predators Open Applications For Vince Gill Scholarship Program
- From 60 Minutes: SEAL under fire for writing about bin Laden raid
Monday, November 3, 2014
- Krispy Kreme has announced 70 new jobs at their Clarksville locations. Get information about available positions and apply online at sweetplacetowork.com.
- It's just one day before the Nov. 2014 Elections. Make sure you're prepared by visiting GoVoteTN.com for information on your polling places, candidates, districts and elected officials.
Thursday, October 30, 2014
- The American Red Cross of Tennessee is once again launching its annual Holiday Mail for Heroes Campaign. For more information on the program, visit redcross.org/holidaymail.
- For more information on the Ryman Auditorium's ticket policy regarding outside outlets such as Ticketmaster, visit their website. Click here to read the Ryman's official statement.
- Click here to read more about the Mill Creek Flood Risk Management Study.
- To view a complete list of upcoming meetings for NashvilleNext, click here.
- Many areas in Middle Tennessee have posted their trick-or-treating events for Halloween. Click here to view some of the activities.
- The Tennessee Department of Education has posted it's annual state report card. To see a breakdown of the numbers, visit their website.
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
- For more information on the Watertown Drive-in, call the Box Office at (615) 237-0077. The Box Office opens at 6 p.m., with first features beginning at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $7.50 per person (ages 12 & Over) and $5 for kids (ages 6-11). Children 5 and under get in for free.
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
- The city of Franklin is gearing up to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the historic Battle of Franklin. Find out more about some of the many events leading up to the date, including re-enactments and how to donate to preservation efforts.
Monday, October 27, 2014
- Tips To Keep Children Safe Online:
- The MNPS Turnaround Corps application is now open. Details, requirements and a link to the application can be found at MNPSTurnaroundCorps.com. The application deadline is Friday, December 19, 2014.
Friday, October 24, 2014
- The group Cell Phone for Soldiers will be collecting wireless phones Sunday at LP Field with the goal of selling the phones for recycling and using the money to buy the prepaid phone cards. For more information, go to www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com
- This week’s MNPD training on Ebola Virus Awareness has been posted to the front page of the police department’s website and is available to all for viewing.
Thursday, October 23, 2014
- Consumer Advisory: Vehicle Owners with Defective Airbags Urged to Take Immediate Action. For more information, click here.
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
- Tennessee Department of Health Information on Ebola
- A GoFundMe has been set up to help the family of Gordon "Gordo" Schaffer, the 22-year-old Papa John's employee killed during a robbery Monday night, as they travel to Washington State to fulfill his wish of visiting the Pacific Northwest.
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Monday, October 20, 2014
- Public forum information on Robertson County Schools Rezoning Plans.
- October is Rett Syndrome Awareness month. For more information, go to https://www.rettsyndrome.org/ and www.jointeamblake.com/.
- Study finds Nashville was second in the country for college-educated, young professionals new to the area from 2000 to 2012. Read the full report.
- Luther Masingill of WDEF Radio in Chattanooga passed away this morning at 92. He was the nation's longest-tenured broadcaster, having started on WDEF Radio on December 7, 1941 - Pearl Harbor Day. Steve Hartman did a story about Masingill for CBS a couple of years ago. Click here to see the story.
Sunday, October 19, 2014
Friday, October 17, 2014
- Better Business Bureau is warning consumers about a variety of Ebola-related scams and problematic fundraisers that have emerged recently. BBB warns donors to carefully research any charitable efforts - especially those that surface following an event that gains media attention. For additional assistance on charitable giving issues, visit the BBB Wise Giving Alliance website at give.org.
Thursday, October 16, 2014
- Get information about available hourly fulfillment associate jobs at Amazon by visiting their online Career Center.
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
- Nashville Emergency Preparedness Survey 2014
- Millions of people worldwide will practice how to Drop, Cover, and Hold On at 10:16 a.m. on October 16 during Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drills. Those interested in the ShakeOut can visit www.shakeout.org/centralus and register to participate in the drill.
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
- Early voting begins Wednesday in Tennessee: Voting schedule and locations for Davidson County.
Monday, October 13, 2014
- For more information on HIV testing, where to get treatment, support and more, visit these two sites: nashvillecares.org/ and street-works.org/
- Fan voting has begun for all categories except New Artist of the year, which starts Nov. 1. Fans can vote once per day at AMAvote.com and can also cast one vote per day on Twitter by including their chosen nominee's name, award category and #AMAs in a tweet.
Sunday, October 12, 2014
- Early voting begins Wednesday in Tennessee. If you'd like more information on how to vote in your specific county, visit the Tennessee Department of State's Elections page.
Friday, October 10, 2014
- For more information about Memphis Belle flights and tours this weekend at Smyrna Airport, go to on.nc5.co/1s34GCM.
- Anyone looking to commute to Sunday's Titans game against the Jaguars? Check out the departure/arrival times for the Game-Day Express: http://on.nc5.co/1yi66hV
Thursday, October 9, 2014
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
- Find out how you can claim refunds from AT&T after their settlement with the FTC and FCC.
- Paychecks for Patriots
- For more information on the DASH project in Dickson visit:
www.dashtour.org. A kickstarter campaign has also been started to help fund the project.
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
- Nashville Basket Brigade's Fundraising Fright Night
- Dove Awards
- Nashville Public Library: Wishing Chair Productions Puppet Shows
- Find where you can get your flu shot in Nashville at www.nashvilleflushots.org/.
Monday, October 6, 2014
- Rise Up For Matt Rizor Fundraiser
- Country singer Scotty McCreery turns 21 on Thursday, October 9. In lieu of gifts, he has asked for donations to the 12.14 Foundation.
Friday, October 3, 2014
- For more information on how you can register to vote in Tennessee.
- General Motors has issued a recall for more vehicles after the company detected three, different problems affecting thousands of cars, SUVs and trucks. View a complete list of the vehicles HERE.
Thursday, October 2, 2014
- Flu Shot Information: www.vaccines.gov
- A group of staffers from the Nashville library are hoping a spoof on a hit song will inspire you to open a book. Check out their YouTube video. Find out how you can get a library card: http://on.nc5.co/ZygvHZ
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
- For more information on Dolly Parton's Imagination Library Program, visit the Governor's Foundation page for the Books From Birth program.
Saturday, September 27, 2014
- Women's Running Half Marathon Course Information & Road Closures
- The 9th National Prescription Drug Take Back Day is Saturday, September 27, 2014. Find a Collection Site near you.
Friday, September 26, 2014
- "It's Meow Time" Contest Details
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) celebrated 30 years on Friday. Learn more about how to become a volunteer, here.
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
- Each year, the non-profit Historic Nashville lists the nine most endangered properties in the city and makes it their focus the next 12-months to promote and preserve the sites. For more information on the properties included on this year's list, visit the organization's website.
- For information about this weekend's "Liver Life Walk" at Percy Warner Park: http://on.nc5.co/1vdSLT8
Saturday, September 20, 2014
- Monroe Harding held a Foster Care Carnival to try and help educate prospective parents. For more information on how you can get involved, visit their website.
Friday, September 19, 2014
Thursday, September 18, 2014
- Americana Music Festival 2014
- Walden's Puddle is having an upcoming fundraiser and has established a "wish list" of needed items. For more information on how you can help: http://waldenspuddle.org/
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Monday, September 15, 2014
- The Metropolitan Action Commission encourages any resident that has not received assistance from the agency with their utility payment since last October to apply before the end of this month. You can apply at www.nashville.gov/mac .
Friday, September 12, 2014
- Youth hunting applications and information from the TWRA
- More information on the Ford Ice Center in Antioch
- For more information on Guitars 4 Vets, visit their Facebook page
- For more information on Vanderbilt University's "I am Unbeatable" exhibit.
Thursday, September 11, 2014
- The Williamson County Animal Control and Adoption Center is waiving fees to adopt cats and kittens. More info: http://on.nc5.co/1xQqZS7
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- For more information on how you can help make a difference during the "Hunger Action Month" campaign.
Monday, September 8, 2014
- Domestic Violence Help in Tennessee and Kentucky
- Preparation Tips From the Department Of Homeland Security
Sunday, September 7, 2014
- For more information on the efforts to find Nikki Burgess click here.
Friday, September 5, 2014
- Get rewarded for recycling at Live on the Green with a chance to win iPad Minis, Kroger Cards and more. Get more information here: thegreatrecycle.com.
Thursday, September 4, 2014
- Gaylord Opryland Resort is now hiring 400 seasonal positions in preparation for its 31st annual A Country Christmas celebration. Applications are now being accepted at jobs.marriott.com (keyword: Opryland). Qualified applicants will be scheduled to attend hiring events in September and October.
- The City of Brentwood is conducting a 2015 Special Census. Forms will be mailed out, but can also be completed online at www.brentwood-tn.org/census.
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Nashville District is enlisting the support of volunteers at its lakes on the Cumberland River and its tributaries in support of National Public Lands Day Sept. 27. To locate National Public Lands Day events near you, visit http://www.publiclandsday.org/.
- For more information, go to Tennessee State Fair
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
- For more information on the 'Remembering Waylon' auction, visit. www.guernsey's.com
- A new NHTSA website helps people find out whether a certain type car has been recalled. Visit SaferCar.gov and click on the recalls tab, or NHTSA.dot.gov for information.
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
- For more information on how to help prevent the spread of the Ebola Virus in West Africa, visit The Raining Season's website.
Monday, September 1, 2014
- Boots to honor fallen soldiers can be mailed into the Army Community Services SOS office located at 2703 Michigan Ave., Fort Campbell, Kentucky 42223 at Fort Campbell via FedEx or UPS.
Friday, August 29, 2014
- Tennessee's strategy to prevent and treat the growing prescription drug abuse epidemic in the state.
Thursday, August 28, 2014
- For more information on how to look up possible recalls issued for your vehicle, visit the NHTSA's website and enter in your vehicle's VIN number. You can also visit myCarfax for more information.
- For more information about TN Stars 529 program and web-based seminars on saving for college, visit http://www.tnstars.com.
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
- Hands On Nashville Day is Saturday, September 20. Online registration opens Thursday, August 28. Sign up here: http://www.hon.org/honday
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
- To help Hank Freeman, the Little League World Series Umpire who lost his home in a fire: http://on.nc5.co/1vkGI9H
- Championship Playoff Tickets Go On Sale Wednesday for the Nashville sounds: ticket information
Saturday, August 23, 2014
- For more information on the READing Paws Middle Tennessee Chapter
- Ticket information for the Music City Star Excursion train to the Wilson County Fair.
Thursday, August 21, 2014
- A complete list of 2014 Reward Schools is available here: http://www.tn.gov/education/data/accountability/schools_2014.shtml
School-level achievement data is available here: http://tn.gov/education/data/tcap_2014_school.shtml
- Donations to help Oscar the dog who was found injured in a dumpster in Clarksville can be made at a GoFundMe page called "Help Oscar."
- To donate to the Salahadeen Center of Nashville to benefit the All for Kurdistan relief drive
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
- Southern Living: 100 Best Restaurants in the South
- Matthew Rizor was struck by a vehicle while walking across West End Avenue early Saturday morning. For more information on how to help in his recovery, visit his gofundme site.
Monday, August 18, 2014
- TBI "It Has To Stop" Campaign
- TDH Mosquito Bite Prevention Video
- City of Franklin Detour Plan For Peytonsville Road/Goose Creek Bypass
- Nashville Restaurant Week
Saturday, August 16, 2014
Friday, August 15, 2014
- Williamson County Schools are asking all students to take the bus Monday to minimize the traffic impact after detours in the area. You can look up bus information for your student here: http://www.wcs.edu/zoning/
- Find out how you can be a part of the Women in Music City Awards. The show will be held at the Omni Hotel on September 15.
- For more information on the Williamson County Fair
- Detours for the City of Franklin or information from TDOT on how traffic will be affected by Friday's tanker truck crash.
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
- Dove Awards Nominees
- For more information on the new Kenny Rogers exhibit at the Country Music Hall of Fame
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
- For more information on how to help Kaitlyn Smith in her continued weight loss journey: http://on.nc5.co/1sTBQG5
Monday, August 11, 2014
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System Town Hall Forums:
August 19, 10 a.m.- 12 p.m.
Alvin C. York Campus, Auditorium, 3400 Lebanon Pike, Murfreesboro, TN
September 15, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Clarksville Public Library, 350 Pageant Lane, Clarksville, Tn
September 22, 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
Nashville Campus, Multi-Purpose Room, 1310 24th Ave. South, Nashville
September 24, 2 p.m.-4 p.m.
Chattanooga VA Outpatient Clinic, 150 Debra Rd. Suite 5200, Bldg 6200, Chattanooga, TN
- South Nashville Little League All-Stars:
- Email your response to the Department of the Army’s recent news on Army Force restructuring at Support Ft. Campbell.
Sunday, August 10, 2014
Saturday, August 9, 2014
- For more information about how to donate money or volunteer with Sumner Teen Center
- World's Longest Yard Sale
- For more information on the Academy of Country Music's Fantasy Sports League
Friday, August 8, 2014
- For the top 10 summer scams, visit the BBB's website.
Thursday, August 7, 2014
- Find Where I Vote
- For more information on how the Frist Center is helping local artists: http://on.nc5.co/1us3hpQ
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
- For more information on how you can help volunteer with the Nashville Adult Literacy Council, visit their website.
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
- National Night Out Against Crime event locations in East Nashville, include: the Inglewood Neighborhood event at Isaac Litton Middle School at 5:30 p.m.; the event at Baxter Heights located at 3728 Hilltop Lane at 6:30 p.m.; James A. Cayce Homes on S 8th event at 5 p.m.; Gra-Mar Middle School, located at 575 Joyce Lane at 6:30 p.m.; and the Women of Worth event on McFerrin Avenue near Seymour Avenue at 5:30 p.m.
Monday, August 4, 2014
- Donate to the MTSU One Stop Food Pantry
- American Civil Liberties Union of Tennessee: email@example.com .
- Metro Nashville Public Schools has provided a Back to School Central page to help you and your student get ready for the upcoming school year.
- Apply to be a part-time seasonal crossing guard at MNPS: Current Openings
- Historic Nashville, Inc. is accepting nominations for endangered properties you would like them to look into. Nashville Nine Nomination Form
Saturday, August 2, 2014
- Daily admission ticket information for Nashville Shores. Enter promo: DUCK
Thursday, July 31, 2014
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
- The Williamson County Fair starts Friday. The Franklin Police Department has a list of alternate routes to help ease congestion.
- For more information on Morgan Mosher's gofundme page.
- Information On Computers For Tennessee's Sales Tax Holiday
- East Nashville Help Facebook Group
- Registration and general info for the National Women's Survivors Convention: http://on.nc5.co/1prnKcL
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Sunday, July 27, 2014
Saturday, July 26, 2014
- For more information on the Benefit Party for Nikki Burgess.
Thursday, July 24, 2014
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- The American Red Cross has issued an urgent call for donations. Call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information.
- The Titans have unveiled the new menu at LP Field for the 2014-2015 season.
- Locations to drop off school supplies: MNPS Central Office - 2601 Bransford Avenue and Martin Professional Development Center - 2400 Fairfax Ave. You can also take donated supplies to these branches of the Nashville Public Library: Bellevue, East, Edmondson Pike, Hermitage, Madison and the Main Library downtown.
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Monday, July 21, 2014
- Nashville Sounds Homestand Promotions
- TN Health Department: Polio Vaccinations Still Important
- 2014 Predators Summer Ice Education Days
Saturday, July 19, 2014
- Country Music star Craig Morgan has teamed up with fellow country music singer Tracy Lawrence to join him in concert July 20 for his 8th annual charity event, benefiting the Dickson County Craig Morgan Foundation. For ticket information: http://on.nc5.co/UgLh4J. Also visit the group's Facebook page for additional information.
- 12th & Broad is bringing giant water slides, splash pools, a slip-and-slide, water balloons and more to the the market's North Lawn for kids of all ages to enjoy. For more information, visit their website.
Friday, July 18, 2014
Thursday, July 17, 2014
- Verizon Plans Hiring Events To Fill 300 Positions In Mid-State
- Thursday is the 6th Annual Career Expo from NewsChannel 5, the Nashville Chamber, and Lipscomb University. Click the link for details: http://on.nc5.co/1k7yDvj
- Find the location and time for early voting in your county
- Campaign For America's Health Centers
- More Information On Early Voting
- Anyone interested in learning about the inner workings of the police department has been invited to apply for the 29th session of the popular Citizen Police Academy, which begins its 13-week run on August 19. For more information: http://on.nc5.co/1p1EcQD
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
- The city of Gallatin wants you to visit. They've launched a new ad campaign and new site you can check out before you visit: http://gallatinwelcomesyou.com/
- A donation page has been set up to help the family of a White House boy fighting for his life after being found at the bottom of the shallow end of a camp pool. You can donate here: http://www.gofundme.com/bi4b1c
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
- Petition: Supporting the leadership of Kevin Huffman as Tennessee's Commissioner of Education
- Get more information on Red, White, and Food's petition to put wine in grocery stores
Monday, July 7, 2014
- Metro Arts Grant Recipients
- Tickets for the special Music City Star excursion train to the Wilson County Fair are available for purchase online at www.ticketsnashville.com and www.WilsonCountyFair.net. Tickets will be on sale until 24 hours prior to departure or until they are sold out, whichever comes first.
- More than 6,000 Franklin residents have a new day for trash pickup. To find out more, go to www.franklintn.gov.
Sunday, July 6, 2014
Friday, July 4, 2014
Thursday, July 4, 2014
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
- For complete information on fireworks shows in the Middle Tennessee area, including road closures in downtown Nashville.
- For more information on the proposed changes to the Antioch cluster
- Cigarette Butt Recycling: butts@nashvilleH2o.org or http://www.nashvilleh2o.org/
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
- Road closures as a result of Fourth of July Celebrations:
- Sidewalks on Commerce (2nd Avenue to 3rd Avenue) - closed for set-up as needed; otherwise to remain open for pedestrian access
- Sidewalks on 3rd Avenue (Demonbreun to Commerce Street) - closed for set-up as needed; otherwise to remain open for pedestrian access
- Sidewalks underside of Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge from 1st Avenue to 2nd Avenue - closed for set-up as needed; otherwise to remain open for pedestrian access
- Sidewalks underside of Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge from 2nd Avenue to 4th Avenue - closed for set-up as needed; otherwise to remain open for pedestrian access
- Sidewalks on Gay Street Connector (1st Avenue to 1st Avenue) - closed for set-up as needed; otherwise to remain open for pedestrian access
- Broadway (2nd Avenue to 3rd Avenue) – NO PARKING
- Broadway (3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue) – NO PARKING
- 2nd Avenue (Demonbreun to Church Street) – NO PARKING
- 3rd Avenue (Demonbreun to Commerce Street) – NO PARKING
- 4th Avenue (Demonbreun to Commerce Street) – NO PARKING
- Commerce Street (2nd Avenue to 10th Avenue) – NO PARKING
- Commerce Street (4th Avenue to 10th Avenue) - NO PARKING
- Molloy Street (1st Avenue to 4th Avenue) – NO PARKING
- For more information on the ALCU-TN
- For more information on the Graco recall
Monday, June 30, 2014
- ?Nashville Fourth Of July House Rules?
- City of Brentwood's Final Report For 2020 Update Residential Survey #1
- Get information about NewsChannel 5's 6th Annual Safe & Sound Career Expo, held at Lipscomb University on July 17th: http://on.nc5.co/1k7yDvj
Saturday, June 28, 2014
Friday, June 27, 2014
- Look Good, Feel Better program
- Hard Bargain Association
- Find out more about classes and workshops at Nashville Community Darkroom
Thursday, June 26, 2014
- If you have a photo of a soldier who lost his or her life in Vietnam, please visit the website of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund’s Education Center, buildthecenter.org.
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
- For more information on Nashville Dancin'
- Free HIV testing will be provided June 26-28 at the following Tennessee Walgreens locations in partnership with local community-based organizations:
- 3605 Brainerd Road Chattanooga
- 1202 South James Campbell Blvd., #24 Columbia
- 627 Gallatin Pike, South Madison
- 1130 South Bellevue Blvd. Memphis
- 2655 Frayser Blvd. Memphis
- 1131 Mercury Blvd. Murfreesboro
- 5600 Charlotte Pike Nashville
- 2611 Franklin Pike Nashville
- 3130 Clarksville Pike Nashville
- 1081 Murfreesboro Pike Nashville
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Monday, June 23, 2014
- To sign a petition to help save the Coffee County Public Libary, click here.
- To help with donations following Monday's fire at Walden's Puddle, go to http://waldenspuddle.org.
- Nashville MTA has proposed changes to some bus routes. To see the full presentation, visit http://www.nashvillemta.org/
Friday, June 20, 2014
- The City of Clarksville Parks & Recreation invites you to take part in the "World's Largest Swimming Lesson" at Beachaven, New Providence, Swan Lake and Smith pools at 10 a.m. Friday, June 20, 2014. Participants can register online at recpro.cityofclarksville.com or the day of the event.
- Find out how you can contribute to Stuff a Bus
Thursday, June 19, 2014
- Donations of bottled water can be received at the Mission's Donation Center, located at 616 7th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37203. It's open Monday through Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. or you can make an online donation at www.nashvillerescuemission.org/donate.
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
- YouCaring: Marvin "Andrew" Morton Family Fund
- NewsChannel 5 has obtained the full memo from MNPD Police Chief Steve Anderson to the presiding judge of the General Sessions Court regarding a domestic violence defendant who was released prior to the end of a required 12-hour "cooling off" period. The victim was assaulted again after the defendant was released. Read the memo here: http://on.nc5.co/1smA56k
Monday, June 16, 2014
- Required immunizations for various age groups in Tennessee:
- Nashville Rescue Mission is need of water donations. Find out how to help: NashvilleRescueMission.org
- Proposed Constitutional Amendments for the November 4, 2014 General Election Ballot
Friday, June 13, 2014
Thursday, June 12, 2014
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
- America's Most Photogenic Baby Contest
- Information on new Toyota recall
- For more information on Second Harvest Food Bank's Summer Food for Kids program
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
- For tips on how to begin a healthier lifestyle: http://on.nc5.co/1l5Lvl9
Monday June 9, 2014
Saturday, June 7, 2014
Friday, June 6, 2014
- Streaming video of Maya Angelou funeral: go.wfu.edu/angeloumemorial
Thursday, June 5, 2014
- The state is sending it's Career Coaches out to rural counties with high rates of unemployment. For details about the program and to see if they'll be in your area, visit http://getonthecoach.tn.gov/
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
- Learn more about Nashville MTA's Adopt-A-Stop bus stop program here: http://www.nashvillemta.org/
- To buy tickets for the Music City Star roundtrip to the Nashville 4th Of July celebration, go to http://musiccitystar.org/
Monday, June 2, 2014
Saturday, May 31, 2014
Thursday, May 29, 2014
- The Insurance Institute for Highway safety is releasing new ratings for crash avoidance systems with a full report at IIHS.org.
- The Office of Attorney General's website
- Ford has recalled 1.4 million vehicles. Find out if your specific car, truck or SUV is on the list.
- More than 10,000 historic audio records are already available through the library of congress' national jukebox project. Listen to them, here.
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Friday, May 23, 2014
- For more information on the rezoning of the Hillsboro cluster in Metro Schools, go to http://on.nc5.co/1k2f3iT.
Thursday, May 22, 2014
- Co-Founder of AOL Steve Case will be in town to give away $100,000 to the best up and coming business. Register HERE.
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
- Ivanhoe's Fighting For Young Lives series
- Check the license verification for all Tennessee doctors
- The petition to keep a cell tower out of Bluefields Neighborhood
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
- GM Recall Information: https://my.gm.com/web/portal/_
Sunday, May 18, 2014
Friday, May 16, 2014
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
- For more information about Generous Helpings, which benefits Second Harvest, go to http://secondharvestmidtn.org/generoushelpings/.
- CBS visits Stratford STEM for a story on Tennessee Promise.
Monday, May 12, 2014
- La Vergne plans to hire 11 volunteer firefighters. Applications are now being accepted through Friday, May 23, 2014. Opportunity inquiries should be directed to Assistant Chief Mike Culberson at (615) 793-9115 Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, May 10, 2014
Friday, May 9, 2014
Thursday, May 8, 2014
- Contribute to Julie's Village here.
- To apply for the Tennessee Department of Correction Citizen's Academy visit their website: www.tn.gov/correction/
- For more information about Steeplechase, go to http://iroquoissteeplechase.org/
- American Water Resources (AWR) has been selected as the official water and sewer line protection provider for customers of Metro Water Services. AWR will take responsibility for the potentially high repair costs on service lines for MWS customers who enroll in these programs.
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
- For more information on the proposed changes for the MNPS Hillsboro cluster.
Monday, May 5, 2014
- Donate to The Big Payback
- Governor Haslam has issued a state proclamation declaring this week Goodwill Week. For a list of job fairs going on this week, go to giveit2goodwill.org/goodwillweek.
Sunday, May 4, 2014
- In honor of May 4, the Adventure Science Center is celebrating "May the Fourth be with you" with "Star Wars" Day. For a complete list of activities, visit their website.
- Did you know the Titans have a female fan club? For more information on Ladies Day at LP Field.
- If you would like to be an extra on ESPN's College GameDay visit their website.
Friday, May 2, 2014
- The Nashville Electric Service is offering a free Neighborhood Energy Savers workshop on Saturday, May 3, from 9:30 a.m. until 11 a.m. at the Looby Community Center located at 2301 Metro Center Boulevard in Nashville. NES will show how to seal air leaks, among other helpful tips. Participants will also receive a tool-kit, valued at $25. For a complete list of workshops, visit nespower.com.
- Goodwill is hosting a job fair from May 5 through May 9. For more information, visit their website.
- Williamson County is holding a hazardous waste collection event. For more information, visit their website.
- If you want to help Metro Public Works combat the problem of illegal dumping, visit their website to find out how to properly dispose of waste.
Thursday, May 1, 2014
- If you would like to be an extra on ESPN's College GameDay visit their website.
Wednesday, April 30, 2014
- The Nashville Food Truck Association is kicking off "Nashville Street Food Month." For more information, visit their Facebook page.
- For more information on the line-up for the 2014 CMA Festival.
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
- If you have a problem with a business, you can file a complaint at www.tn.gov/consumer or call toll-free 1-800-342-8385. Consumer Affairs has a price gouging online complaint form at http://tn.gov/consumer/PriceGougeCmplnt.shtml.
Monday, April 28, 2014
- If you are interested in the WeatherCall service, NewsChannel 5 has worked with them to offer a free trial version before you buy. Click here to sign up for the trial: http://try.weathercall.net/free-warning-call/
You can find more info on the WeatherCall service here:http://on.nc5.co/1fPL3b9
- If you believe your animal might have been one of the dogs seized in the dog fighting raid last week, provide the following information to MACC.email@example.com:
- Describe any distinguishing marks on the dog (i.e white patch on left front paw)
- Spay or Neutered
Saturday, April 26, 2014
- STORM 5 ALERT:Find out if your "safe place" is really safe.
- Five Big Mistakes Made During Tornado Warnings
Friday, April 25, 2014
- For more information on Buffalo Valley Inc., call 645-9038 or visit the website at http://www.buffalovalley.org.
- Saturday is National Prescription Take-Back Day. To find a nearby collection site, go to http://www.dea.gov and click on the "Got Drugs?" icon.
- Clarksville's Rivers and Spires festival
- Nashville Film Festival
- For more information on road closures, detours and the course map for the Country Music Marathon.
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Monday, April 21, 2014
Friday, April 18, 2014
Thursday, April 17, 2014
- Major Thoroughfare Plan meeting in Brentwood
- To see the approved list of businesses that use your MoneyPak numbers, visit Green Dot's website.
- A Belmont music major is blogging about her love of Bruce Springsteen. Check it out here.
- For more information on the Nashville Film Festival.
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
- Contact info for early voting for all TN counties
Rutherford County Election Results
Information on the May 6 election in Davidson County
- Get a ranking of 200 different jobs from best to worst: http://on.nc5.co/1eSeQxN
- Find a list of REAL certified restaurants in Nashville: http://on.nc5.co/1r0F5rl
What is "REAL" eating? You can find that info here: http://on.nc5.co/1iqgJ9o
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
- Nashville Early Voting
- Tax Day Freebies 2014
- Read about President Obama's vision for his 21st century transportation plan: http://on.nc5.co/QnYkzJ
- For more information on ICiT ("Inspiring Creative Innovative Thinkers"), visit their Facebook page: http://on.nc5.co/1m635vq
- Information on the Nashville Film Festival.
Monday, April 14, 2014
- JT Moore Middle School is in the running to win a $25,000 greenspace transformation from Bridgestone. To vote, go to on.nc5.co/RiGZsM
- For more information on job opportunities with AT&T, visit their website.
- Donations are being accepted to help Clifton Braunwalder's family pay his funeral costs. For more information, visit gofundme.com.
Saturday, April 12, 2014
- The CBS reality show, "Big Brother" is holding an open casting call in Nashville. For more information on rules and specific dates, visit the show's website.
- For more information on the "Stewart of Children Program," visit the Nashville Children's Alliance website.
Friday, April 11, 2014
- Roadside Help Numbers:
Tennessee Highway Patrol call *THP or *847
Metro Police Non-Emergency Line 615-862-8600
Thursday, April 10, 2014
- For more information on Nashville Earth Day.
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
- The CBS reality show, "Big Brother" is holding an open casting call in Nashville. For more information on rules and specific dates, visit the show's website.
Monday, April 7, 2014
- Learn more about the TDH Safe Sleep campaign at safesleep.tn.gov.
Saturday, April 5, 2014
- For more information on the Beer and Hymns Singing Nashville group, visit their Facebook page.
Friday, April 4, 2014
- Evenflo is recalling more than 1.3 million child safety seat buckles. For more information, visit the Evenflo website.
Thursday, April 3, 2014
- Online registration for the Mayor's Field Day is at www.mayorsfieldday.com. Advance registration is strongly encouraged but not required.
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
- Visit the Tennessee Code Academy's website athttp://tncodeacademy.com/ for more information on IT Camp.
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- NCAA Women's Final Four Event Schedule
- Red Tent Women's Conference
- Visit Aspen's website at www.aspen-tech.net for more on job opportunities
- The National Privacy Education Curriculum
- The Humane Society needs help to rescue over 50 dogs and cats. The animals were part of a rescue service operated by a senior couple. The couple is no longer able to operate the service. For information on how you can help, visit: http://on.nc5.co/PfND1V.
Monday, March 31, 2014
- For more information on job opportunities at Bellis Concrete Construction Company, visit their website.
Sunday, March 30, 2014
- Enrollment Guide for Metro Nashville Public School Students.
- United Healthcare will host a job fair Monday, March 31 and Tuesday, April 1 from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. in Brentwood.
Saturday, March 29, 2014
- View the complete list of upcoming detours for the Nashville MTA.
Friday, March 28, 2014
- For more information on New Speed Reading Technology.
- For those of you still needing to sign up for health insurance, visit Get Covered Tennessee's full event calendar to find a location near you.
Monday, March 24, 2014
- Beginning Friday, you can apply for jobs with United State Postal Service on www.usps.com.
- Nashville Sounds tickets on sale.
- Get information about the Tin Pan South music festival on NewsChannel5.com.
Friday, March 21, 2014
- Take the family to learn how to make your own Hatch Show prints
- To view the Rose Banks zoning area survey: http://on.nc5.co/1laWkb6
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
- Message to Metro Schools families about ACT test makeup days
- Williamson County Schools Director issues statement about Common Core, textbook selection, and other legislative issues relating to local schools
Saturday, March 15, 2014
Friday, March 14, 2014
- Dole is voluntarily recalling a limited number of cases of bagged salad. For more information, visit its website.
Thursday, March 13, 2014
- Clarksville-based Workforce Essentials Inc will announce all of Hankook Tire's open positions online at www.Jobs4TN.gov.
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
- A volunteer team of planning experts worked with Franklin, Tennessee residents, business leaders and officials to make overall recommendations, including:
- Prohibiting redevelopment or development, including new residential development, in select floodplains;
- Allowing limited low-scale or non-residential development in the identified subareas;
- Revising city regulations and policies to increase the number of permitted non-residential uses and to eliminate non-compatible uses;
- Requiring pervious pavement for all redevelopment and new construction projects;
- Retaining city ordinances requiring elevation of non-residential structures;
- Requiring the elevation of rebuilt residential structures;
- Encouraging efforts to modify existing buildings to mitigate flood damage;
- Encouraging open space, and recreation uses in areas where development is not recommended;
- Reinforcing an urban design framework;
- Protecting historic buildings from future flooding and associated damage; and
- Developing a comprehensive urban design strategy to position 5th Avenue as a gateway.
Saturday, March 8, 2014
- For more information on the Wild West Comedy Festival, visit its website. Tickets and VIP packages are now available.
- For more information on the Nashville Cricket Club.
Wednesday, March 7, 2014
- Need tax help? Try the United Way's free service
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
- The tradition of the Bluebird Cafe comes to Murfreesboro to raise money for charity. For more information, visit alivehospice.org.
Monday, March 3, 2014
- Tin Pan South passes are on sale. To purchase, go to http://members.nashvillesongwriters.com/mod/ecs/index.php.
- MTA Snow Route Bus Detours
- For information on flight status or delays, visit the Nashville International Airport's website at flynashville.com
Friday, February 28, 2014
- For more information on "Mardi Gras Ya'll."
Thursday, February 27, 2014
- To participate, nonprofits must complete The Big Payback Nonprofit Participation Agreement and have a complete and up-to-date profile on The Community Foundation's http://www.givingmatters.com.
- The Johnny Cash birthday bash kicks off a three-day celebration in Nashville from February 28-March 2. For more information visit the Johnny Cash Museum's website or johnnycash.com.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
- Watch raw video of police chase suspects in a Franklin home invasionhere.
Monday, February 24, 2014
- To join Tennessee Saves Week and America Saves and start saving for your future, visit www.tennesseesaves.org or www.americasavesweek.org.
- Vote for either TSU or Fisk University in the Home Depot "Retool Your School" competition.
- Art is an "unconventional" aspect of the new Music City Center. For more information, visit their website.
Sunday, February 23, 2014
- Pictures from the Nashville Public Library's Lego Competition.
Thursday, February 20, 2014
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
- Live webcast for Bonnaroo announcement at 6 p.m.
- For more information about severe weather safety, go to weather.gov/nashville.
Saturday, February 15, 2014
- The Nashville Predators transform Bridgestone Arena into Winter Wonderland for the Olympic break: http://on.nc5.co/1bAial4
Friday, February 14, 2014
- For information on flight status or delays, visit the Nashville International Airport's website at flynashville.com
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
- Donations for the Flake Family
Monetary donations can me made on the Give Forward Fundraising Page
Donations can be dropped off at:
400 Highway 149
- Toyota Recall Information
- Click here for a list of Black History Month events happening at the Nashville Public Library.
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
- Click here for a list of the best picks for "The South's Best Destination Apps and Mobile Sites."
- Graco is recalling nearly 3.8 million child car seats. For a complete list of the recalls, visit their website.
Monday, February 10, 2014
- Help the Red Cross overcome a cold weather shortage in the blood supply
Thursday, February 6, 2014
- Warning of international area code phone scam
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
- For information on flight status or delays, visit the Nashville International Airport's website at flynashville.com
Tuesday, February 4, 2013
- Details on data breach at hotels owned by White Point Lodging
- Volunteers are needed for Clarksville warming shelters. For more information, click here.
Monday, February 3, 2014
- For more information on the water lin project in La Vergne, go to lavergnetn.gov.
Friday, January 31, 2014
- For information about Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) free tax prep sites, go to www.unitedwaynashville.org or call 211 for information.
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Monday, January 27, 2014
- Ronald McDonald House Donationshttp://www.rmhcnashville.com/
- Fact Sheet - Sulphur Dell Ballpark Proposal
Saturday, January 25, 2014
- To sign-up to volunteer at a heating shelter with Manna Cafe Ministries in Clarksville, visit http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0949A5AC2FA0F58-volunteers.
- The organization Boot Camp For New Dads is coming to Nashville. For more information on the event, visit their website. Click here for the online registration form.
Friday, January 24, 2014
- Anyone who would like to help with a community baby shower today can contact the United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties. Information is available on their website at uwrutherford.org/.
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
- Information about emergency shelters can be found at http://opentablenashville.org/.
Monday, January 20, 2014
- Sign up to volunteer for Clarksville homeless warming shelters: go here for men, and here for women and families
- Information about the Nashville Boat Show.
- Belmont University is celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day with two weeks of special events. For a complete schedule, visit their website.
Sunday, January 19, 2014
- Details on this year's Restaurant Week: http://on.nc5.co/1miQOix
Friday, January17, 2014
- Nashville Christian School Open House
- IRS free filing software available to taxpayers: http://www.irs.gov/freefile .
Thursday, January 16, 2014
- The Watch D.O.G.S. volunteer program is headed to Metro Nashville Schools. For more information on the program, visit the MNPS website.
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
- To apply for jobs at Total Quality Logistics, go to www.TQLJobs.com
- Enter to win a $15,000 recording package at Dark House Recording Studios in Franklin.
Monday, January 13, 2014
- For tickets to see the Blue Angels in the Great Tennessee Air Show go to: www.greattennesseeairshow.com
- See Scott Pelley's 60 Minutes interview with Anthony Bosch about the A-rod PED scandal.
- A new round of public hearings has been scheduled for the final design and engineering of MTA's Amp project. Here are the dates and times:
- -- Monday, Jan. 13 at 5:30pm (East Nashville):
East Park Community Center Theater, 600 Woodland Street;
-- Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 5:00pm (Downtown):
Nashville Downtown Partnership, 150 4th Ave N., Suite G-150;
-- Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 5:30pm (Midtown):
Metro Board of Parks & Recreation, large conference room, 2565 Park Plaza (near Centennial Park);
-- Thursday, Jan. 16 at 5:30pm (West Nashville):
West End Middle School, 3529 West End Ave (Previously this was planned for Montgomery Bell Academy).
More info: http://on.nc5.co/1kyv0nB
Saturday, January 11, 2014
- If you would like to view the results of the Metro Nashville Schools lottery: http://on.nc5.co/1exv55z
Friday, January 10, 2014
- Information on the first 500 new jobs at the Amazon facility in Murfreesboro: http://on.nc5.co/KK1X01
- The two geese rescued from an icy pond in Centennial Park Wednesday have been taken in by Walden's Puddle rehabilitation center. For more information on the group: http://on.nc5.co/1enMo9h
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
- For more information on TDOT's "Yellow Dot" program go to: http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/yellowdot/
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
- To donate money to the Ronald McDonald House: http://on.nc5.co/1eleYpE
Sunday, January 5, 2014
- The Middle Tennessee Pet Resource Center is offering free hay to animal owners, in an attempt to keep pets warm in dangerously cold temperatures. Pet owners with outside animals can pick up supplies Sunday afternoon. If you are interested, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, January 3, 2014
- Room In The Inn roomintheinn.org/
- Metro Nashville Public Schools issued an explanation of why the decision was made to delay the start of school after the winter/Christmas break. You can read the statement here: http://on.nc5.co/1f1hBlo
Thursday, January 2, 2014
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
- Highway conditions for Kentucky with links to surrounding states may be found at www.511.KY.GOV
More than 10,000 historic audio records are already available through the library of congress' national jukebox project. You can listen to them here
..NewsChannel 5 has obtained the full memo from MNPD Police Chief Steve Anderson to the presiding judge of the General Sessions Court regarding a domestic violence defendant who was released prior to the end of a required 12-hour "cooling off" period. The victim was assaulted again after the defendant was released.
Recent Stories and Video From This Sponsor