13 Overcome by Carbon Monoxide in Wisconsin Home
TOWN OF ARCADIA, Wis. (AP) -- Sheriff's officials say 13 people were overcome by carbon monoxide when a charcoal grill was used inside a home in Trempealeau County.
Dispatchers received a call about an unknown medical condition at a home in the Town of Arcadia late Sunday afternoon. First responders found seven adults and five children suffering from the effects of carbon monoxide. Some were unconscious.
Authorities say a police officer who responded was also overcome and was treated and released from a local hospital. Three helicopters and five ambulances were dispatched to the scene to transport the injured. Their conditions are not immediately known.
Investigators say it appears the occupants were using the grill in the kitchen for heat.