Roadwork At Chestnut And Sherman In Springfield
From a press release from MoDOT...
Springfield, Greene County -- A project to add a second eastbound-to-northbound left-turn lane at Chestnut Expressway and Sherman Avenue near Ozarks Technical Community College is scheduled to begin .
Much of the work will be done at night, the Missouri Department of Transportation said. However, drivers could encounter crews and equipment working close to traffic at various times day or night.
When completed, drivers on eastbound Chestnut Expressway (Business Loop 44) will have two left-turn lanes to use to travel north:
1. The inside left-turn lane will carry traffic onto Sherman Avenue.
2. The outside left-turn lane will lead directly into an OTC parking lot.
* Widen Chestnut Expressway on the south side between Sherman Avenue and the end of the bridge west of the intersection.
* Build a retaining wall on the southwest corner.
* Resurface the intersection with a thin layer of asphalt.
* Install new road signs over eastbound Chestnut Expressway to guide left-turning drivers onto Sherman Avenue or into the OTC parking lot.
Also, as part of the project, access to Chestnut Street (which parallels Chestnut Expressway just to the north) on the west side of Sherman Avenue will be closed permanently.
The project is a partnership with the City of Springfield.
Prime contractor: APAC-Missouri of Columbia.
Construction cost: $696,000.
Completion: Late August.