Update: Springfield House Fire Started In Attic
Image by KTTS File Photo
An electrical short in the attic is what started a house fire Saturday morning according to Springfield Fire Marshal Bill Spence.
The man living at the house in the 1900 block of East High Street near Glenstone was not hurt.
He'll be staying with relatives until the house is repaired.
Crews kept the fire in the attic from spreading.
Spence tells KTTS News had some concern about fire getting to nearby houses because they are so close together in that neighborhood