Southern Nevada Health District pushes for healthier vending machines
Southern Nevada Health District has partnered with the Clark County Parks and Recreation Department and First Class Vending to develop and provide healthier options for vending machines.
Vending machines in several county recreational facilities throughout the valley now offer healthier snacks and beverages.
The county's efforts are part of the Healthy Vending Initiative spearheaded by the SNHD and funded in part by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention's Community Transformation grant by the CCSD.
Vending machines that are part of the initiative are located at the following locations:
- Cambridge Recreation Center (3930 South Cambridge, Las Vegas)
- Water Park Desert Breeze Community Center (8275 Spring Mountain Road, Las Vegas)
- Hollywood Aquatic Center (1550 South Hollywood Boulevard, Las Vegas)
- Paradise Community Center (4775 South McLeod Drive, Las Vegas)
- Sunset Park Administration Offices (2601 East Sunset Road, Las Vegas)
- Hollywood Community Services Center (1650 South Hollywood Boulevard, Las Vegas)
- Spirit Mountain Recreation Center (1975 Arie Avenue, Laughlin)