13 Things To Do This Week On The Las Vegas Strip
Guitar Legend Award winner Slash with award presenter Joe Perry of Aerosmith in the background at the 2014 Gibson Brands AP Music Awards at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum on July 21, 2014 in Cleveland, Ohio. Image by Getty Images
Here is a list of 13 Things To Do This Week On The Las Vegas Strip for July 31-Aug. 7:
1. Equalibrium Nightclub launches this weekend at the Tommy Wind Theater across from the Monte Carlo. The new concept will blend a nightclub atmosphere with production show talent and will feature alluring bar staff and fun and flirty dancers. The nightclub is aimed at the LGBT market. It will open at 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
2. Stand-up comedian and actress Caroline Rhea and comedian Wendi Liebman, who is the recent recipient of The American Comedy Award for Best Female Comedian, are the feature performers this weekend for the Lipshtick Comedy Series at The Venetian. Show times are at 10 p.m. Friday and 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
3. Ri Ra Irish Pub in The Shoppes at Mandalay Place is celebrating International Beer Day from 6 to 8 p.m. Aug. 1. It is an Instagram party and the first 15 people to attend will receive a complimentary beer flight. The celebration marks Ri Ra's fourth year as an official IBD participant and it is currently the only registered bash in Las Vegas. There will also be complimentary appetizers and raffle prizes. http://www.rira.com/las-vegas/
4. Ron White, whose comedy albums include "Drunk In Public" and "You can't Fix Stupid," is bringing the laughs Aug. 1 and 2 to the Terry Fator Theatre at The Mirage. White also performs on The Blue Collar Comedy Tour with Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall and Larry The Cable Guy.
5. The Las Vegas Coin, Currency, Jewelry, Postcard & Stamp Expo is taking place Aug. 1-3 at Circus Circus. Quality dealers will be on hand to appraise collections. Merchandise in all categories including gold, silver, platinum, precious gems, all types of jewelry, pennies to silver bullion to gold dollars and collector supplies. General admission is $3.
6. Weezer, who has sold 10 million albums since 1992, performs in The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan on Aug. 1. The band features Rivers Cuomo (primary songwriter, lead vocals and guitar), Patrick Wilson (drums, guitar, vocals and production) Brian Bell (guitar, keyboards and vocals), and Scott Shriner (bass, vocals and keyboards).
7. Celebrate National Ice Cream Day on Aug. 2 with a special treat at BLVD Creamery at the Monte Carlo. Options include snickerdoodle cookies stuffed with Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, a maple bacon ice cream. Or, try the walnut brownie with Black Cab cabaret sauvignon ice cream. BLVD Creamery has 24 ice cream flavors.
8. Former world lightweight champion and pound-for-pound all-action fighter Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios and one-time interim world champion Diegpo "La Joya" Chaves enter the ring on Aug. 2 in The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan. Doors open at 3:30 p.m. Tickets start at $50. The fight will be televised live on HBO Boxing After Dark. The telecast will also include the first title defense of World Boxing Association (WBA) super lightweight champion "The Pride of Las Vegas" JESSIE VARGAS against undefeated contender ANTON "The Pick Hammer" NOVIKOV, of Kopeysk, Russia.
9. The Daydream Pool Club at the M Resort is offering Wicked Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. every Wednesday in August. Admission is free for locals and industry professionals and all revelers who book a cabana will receive a free bottle of Grey Goose vodka. Entertainment by sultry female DJ Shy. DayDream is also giving away a free cabana every Sunday through its #DayDreamDaze selfie contest.
10. Journey, the popular band of the 1970s and 80's, will take the stage in the Event Center at Mandalay Bay on Aug. 1. They will be joined by the Steve Miller Band, which formed in the 1960's and is still going strong. Tickets are $49.50 to $149.50.
11. Chromeo will bring its party-rocking, club-banging and heart-thrilling electrofunk to the Brooklyn Bowl at The LINQ on Aug. 7. They will be followed by the 22-year-old rising wunderkid from Australia called Flume at midnight.
12. Rock icons Aerosmith will rock the Grand Garden Arena at the MGM Grand on Aug. 2. Slash will be their special guests. Tickets start at $49.50.
13. Looking for a quick lunch on the Strip? db Brasserie at The Venetian is now offering a 30-minute express lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. It includes a chilled tomato soup, Caesar salad, and house-made lamb merguez sausage on a French roll. If you have more time, check out the daily prix fixe lunch. Two courses are $25 and a three-course lunch is $32. Appetizers include classic French onion soup, carrot & ginger salad, or salmon rillettes. Entrees include Mediterranean lamb flatbread and fish 'n' chips. Desserts include DB's Rocky Road Tart and a peach frangipane.
If you have an event you would like included in our weekly list of 13 Things To Do, send a press release to email@example.com.