13 Things To Do This Week In Downtown Las Vegas
Here is a list of 13 Things To Do This Week In Downtown Las Vegas for July 24-31:
1. Michael Grimm is bringing his soulful voice and Southern charm to the Viva Las Vegas Events Center on July 26. Grimm was the season five winner of NBC's popular "America'sGot Talent." General admission is $21 or $31 for a VIP table.
2. Soul On Fire is joining forces with the legendary recording artist Cuba Gooding Sr. for a performance at 8 p.m. July 26 at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts. The show will feature more than 90 minutes of original new material, including the new release of "Everybody Plays The Fool."
3. July 24 is National Tequila Day and downtown's Nacho Daddy is celebrating. They will be offering $8 Chili Ancho Milagro Margaritas and $5 shots of Milagro Silver. Click here for a list of other places who are celebrating.
4. Watch a live taping of the Downtown Podcast at The Scullery from 9 to 10 p.m. July 24. This week's special guests: Engage Team, Inspire! Speaker Series and Las Vegas Film Festival.
5. Motley Brew's Open Container event is back at the Downtown Container Park on July 25. Attendees will have the opportunity to sample more than 20 craft beers paired with some comedic variety. This month's event places a special focus on the breweries that call Las Vegas home, including Banger Brewing Co., Big Dog's Brewing Co., Joseph James Brewing Co., Chicago Brewing Co., and Triple 7 Brewery. Entertainment on the big screen will include classic movie clips and hilarious shorts. Following the sampling session, live music will take over the stage. Tickets are $20.
6. The Downtown Project and the Learning Village are bringing Greg Evans, executive director and lead trainer of Seeds Training, to The Window from 6 to 8 p.m. July 24 and 25. Attendees will explore the one fear that stops them from learning and achieving their goals, learn how the brain works and how to develop it like a muscle, and participate ia team-building activity that highlights the simple keys to motivation. The events are free.
7. Triple George Grill has introduced a power lunch for just $15.99. The power lunch, which is for guests who only have 45 minutes to dine, consists of a half-sandwich of the day, (clam chowder, tomato bisque or soup du jour) or salad (house or Caesar), side dish (French fries, Parmesan fries or warm pretzel bites with dipping sauce) and dessert. http://www.triplegeorgegrill.com/
8. If you like taking photos, you might want to check out the Capture The Mantis Photo Contest. The contest, which is open to all ages, ends on Aug. 19. Prizes will be given to the top 3 winners.
9. It is Catalyst Week in downtown Las Vegas and that means lots of speakers to learn from. This month, Catalyst Creativ has partnered with The Higher Purpose Project & E.P.I.C. for a week centered around connecting to ourselves, providing value on a global scale, and supporting each other on our paths to living a life with purpose. The speaker series begins at 6 p.m. July 24 and 25 and at 2 p.m. July 26 at the Learning Village.
10. The "Farewell for Now Show" with Joey Pero will take place at 8 p.m. July 26 at the Downtown Container Park. Joey just got cast in a Broadway show and is moving to New York City. It will be a very special show with a 15-piece all-star band, tons of guest performances, and surprises.
11. The Las Vegas 51s have teamed up with volunteers from The Venetian for a donation drive for The Shade Tree beginning July 25. Fans are encouraged to bring a variety of items. Click here for a list. The 51s are playing four games against the Salt lake bees and will then host the El Paso Chihuahuas from July 29 to Aug. 1.
12. The Hard Hat is rolling out the bus again for a show on July 26. Bands include The Core, Mercy Music and Reverse the Curse. If the heat is too much for you, head inside to hear N.O.V.N., Red Grooves and Cicil Perini. Cost is only $5.
13. The Downtown Cocktail Room hosts Downtown Soul every Thursday night. July 24 performers include Ikaika and Brian Gardner featuring Rahmaan Phillip. Jessica Lynn and Brenda D will perform July 31.
If you would like to have an event included in one of our weekly lists, send a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org.