13 Things To Do This Week In Downtown Las Vegas
List of 13 Things To Do This Week In Downtown Las Vegas for Aug. 21-28:
1. The Crossroads of the West Gun Show is back at Cashman Center Aug. 23 and 24. The show features hundreds of tables with products for everyone from the once-a-year hunter to avid gun collector.
2. The Gold Spike Gold Rush takes place from 9 a.m. to noon and 3 to 6 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. Specials include $4 draft beers; $4 well drinks; $3 domestic bottles; and free advice from the bar staff.
3. The last 8 games of the Las Vegas 51s regular season are underway. The 51s will play the New Orleans Zephyrs Aug. 21, 22 and 23 at Cashman Field. Las Vegas will then host the Round Rock Express in a four-game series Aug. 24-27. ARCO Value Days are on Aug. 20 and 26; Budweiser Dollar Beer Night will take place Aug. 21; a spectacular fireworks show will conclude the evening on Aug. 22; and Pinstripe Jersey night is Aug. 23.
4. It's summer and Sister is NOT happy! "Sister's Summer School Catechism: God Never Takes a Vacation!" will be presented in the Troesh Studio Theater at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts Aug. 22-24.
5. Open Container by Motley Brews is back Aug. 22 at the Downtown Container Park. The event is perfect for beer lovers and movie geeks. More than 20 craft beers will be available for sampling and classic movie clips and hilarious shorts will be shown on the big screen.
6. Enter The Void/Goth Night is happening Aug. 22 at Velveteen Rabbit. The evening will feature a mix of New Wave, Dark 80's, Industrial and Post-Punk music. The party will be hosted by DJ Fish and Athenas.
7. The Los Angeles synth pop outfit DWNTWN will perform Aug. 22 at the Beauty Bar. Special guests are Shayna rain & The Gents. The fun begins at midnight.
8. Storytelling is this month's theme for the Inspire! Speaker Series at The Learning Village. Guests on Aug. 23 include Paul Francis, Jackie Valley, Vogue Robinson and Matt Donnelly. The host and curator is Rukesh Samarasekera. The event begins at 1 p.m.
9. The free Magic Block Party with special celebrity magician Justin Flom is taking place from 5 to 8 p.m. Aug. 24 at the Downtown Container Park.
10. Classic Rock & Trivia Night is taking place at PICNIC, the rooftop pool venue at Downtown Grand, on Aug. 23. Admission is free. There will be cash prizes and great music.
11. The Social Media Splash Bash is taking place from 7 to 9 p.m. Aug. 24 at PICNIC, the rooftop pool venue at Downtown Grand. There will be complimentary small bites and beverages, games, prizes and music.
12. The Back of the House Brawl, a cooking competition between local chefs, returns on Aug. 24 at a new location -- Atomic Liquors. Sloppi Jo's Roving Eatery will be there for one night only; Brian Lhee of Yusho will serve lamb skewers for charity; and Julian Luna from The Cosmopolitan and SeongHa Lee of Future Restaurant Group will battle. It starts at 8 p.m.
13. The legendary Bunkhouse Saloon will reopen Aug. 25. Improvements include a new top-of-the-line kitchen, a new stage, a new sound system, outdoor seating and more. Built to Spill will be the featured act on Aug. 25. Opening acts include Slam Dunk, The Warm Hair and local favorites Rusty Maples.
To submit an item for this weekly list, send a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org.