13 Places To Watch Football Besides Your Living Room
DISTILL IN SUMMERLIN Image by DISTILL
It is football season once again and there are a lot of happy fans in the Las Vegas valley. Here is a list of 13 great spots to watch football in the Las Vegas Valley and take advantage of food and drink specials and etc.
1. The Stake Out Bar & Grill is located near the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. It is a Buffalo Bills bar and they are known for their friendly staff and cheap food. The bar and grill has 12 big screen televisions in all -- 8 downstairs and 4 up. It also has pool tables and a Golden Tee game if you need a break from football. Food and drink specials during Buffalo Bill games include half-priced Buffalo-style wings; a Buffalo fish fry for $8.59 and Beef-On-Weck for $8.50; and all-you-can-eat spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread every Sunday for $7.79. The bar and grill will hand out raffle tickets during Buffalo Bill games and prizes will be awarded at half-time. South Maryland Parkway and East Tropicana Avenue. 702-798-8383/
2. La Piazza Restaurant and Bar is kid friendly and supports the Chicago Bears. La Pizza will give away a Bears football jersey after each game this season. Everyone who is there to watch the game will receive a raffle ticket. In addition, they will also give out hats and T-shirts. La Piazza has five 50-inch television in their bar area and a 50-inch television in their restaurant (kids not allowed in bar obviously). Food and drink specials during games include a 12-inch thin pizza with up to 3 toppings for $7.77; a bucket of 30 chicken wings for $15.99; two Chicago hot dogs with fries for $8.99; 4 domestic beers for $11; 4 premium beers for $15; Bud Light, Budweiser and Coors Light drafts for $2.75; and Blue Moon, 312, Dos XX for $3.50 per glass. North main Street and West Washington Avenue. 702-382-6487.
3. Jake's Bar, which supports the Denver Broncos, has a club for anyone who wants to join. It costs $25 for the season and members get a T-shirt, calendar, hat and miscellaneous items. Members of Jake's Orange Crush Club also get free food at half-time during any Broncos' game and discounted drinks during games. In addition, every member who is there for 12 or more games will be entered into 5 different drawings to win $200. Jake's Bar has several televisions around the bar ranging from 50 to 70 inches wide. They also have 32-inch TVs behind the bar. The bar also boasts a Golden Tee video game, a miniature golf video game and 25-cent pool tables. South Eastern Avenue and East Sahara Avenue. 702-457-0053.
4. Jackson's Bar & Grill has plenty of seating in it bar, party area and restaurant. Jackson's supports the Green Bay Packers and have different food specials during each game. There are four televisions in the bar, two huge 80-inch screens in the party room, and one 8-inch screen in the family-friendly restaurant. There is a Golden Tee video game and darts in the bar for those needing a break from the game. Drink specials include PBR for $2.50 and $8 pitchers. There will be giveaways of Packer memorabilia during half-time. South Jones Boulevard and West Flamingo Road. 702-362-2116.
5. The Rum Runner Lounge is a Green Bay Packers Bar. There are plenty of televisions to watch the game on here. Rum Runner proudly boasts 17 big-screen televisions, most of them are 60 inches wide. Six Diamond pool tables, shuffleboard, pinball, a Golden Tee video game and Foosball give those who might just be tagging along something to do while the game is on. A separate restaurant area will also be showing the games on a 42-inch TV. Food specials include 96 oz. Bud and Bud Light towers for $16; 25 oz. Pabst Blue Ribbon mugs for $3.50; $2 shot specials; $5 Bloody Marys; $3 Johnsonville Bratwurst at half-time; one dozen chicken wings for $11.69; and half-pound burgers starting at $5.99. Tropicana Avenue and Spencer Street. 702-736-6366.
6. The Blue Diamond Saloon is a Kansas City Chiefs bar and it serves up free food during their games, including nachos and hot dogs. The saloon has 12 televisions, a few of which are 60 inches and one with an 80-inch screen. Pool tables, shuffleboard, a Golden Tee golf game, and darts provide a distraction when the game is slow or during half-time. The saloon is opening a restaurant within a month. Drink specials include 4 domestic beers for $10; $8 domestic beer pitchers; and $10 imported beer pitchers. South Rainbow Boulevard and Blue Diamond Road. 702-896-1455.
7. Big Dog's Draft House, which is known for brewing some of the best beer in Las Vegas, is the place to be for any football game. They have 25 televisions total and their largest is 65 inches. There are TVs in both the bar area, which has plenty of seating, and their restaurant, which isn't small either. Besides the plentiful screens, there are arcade games in the restaurant and shuffleboard and a Golden Tee golf video game in the bar. Specials during football season include a double basked of wings (18-20) and a pitcher of beer for $23; the Big Dogs wing basket for $7.50; shrimp cocktail for $7; stadium nachos for $4 ($1.50 extra for chili); Jameson shots for $3; an Irish mule for $3; and Patron Silver margaritas for $7. North Rancho Drive and West Craig Road. 702-645-1404.
8. Both Lucky's Lounge locations, one of South Jones Boulevard and the other on Farm Road, are San Francisco 49ers bars. The Jones location is the spot for true fans. It is highly decorated and often packed during game time. The Jones location is also the official location for 97.1 The Point's Thursday Night Football Night. The Point will live at Lucky's every Thursday and give out prizes each week. Beer specials at both locations include $12 buckets of Coors banquet bottles and Coors Light cans; Coors Light drafts and bottles for $2.50; Blue Moon Drafts for $3; Pabst Blue Ribbon and a Fireball whiskey shot for $5; $6 Bloody Marys, Absolut Citron Lemonade and Jameson Ginger Ales; and a Bay Area bucket featuring specialty beers from San Francisco for $18. Food specials include sourdough bread bowls with chowder or chili for $6.99 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. every day; a 10-inch pizza and salad from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday; and buy-one-get-second-for-half-off entrees from 3 to 11 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. There are 18 televisions in the bar at the South Jones location and 8 more in their restaurant. There is also an 80-inch screen in the restaurant, which is family friendly. South Jones Boulevard and West Warm Springs Road. 702-260-8991. Farm Road and Grand Teton Drive. 702-212-6639.
9. The new kids on the block -- Distill in Summerlin and Distill in Southern Highlands -- are promising plenty of NFL action, player promotions, drink specials and mouth-watering food. Both locations have 18 high-definition televisions to watch the games every Thursday, Sunday and Monday night. Drink specials include $2 Miller Lite pints, $10 buckets of bottled beer and $12 personal table draft systems for all your teammates to enjoy. Each patron who orders a Miller Lite during a game will be entered into the weekly Monday Night Football drawing for a chance to win an official NFL hate and jersey each quarter during that nightly game. Fans can also indulge in a special $5 menu including sliders, beef tacos, chili cheese tots and more. If you need to escape for a little bit, the Summerlin location has a great patio with comfy seating. There are also pool tables and Golden Tee Golf. West Charleston Boulevard and South Pavilion Center Drive. 702-534-1400. West Pyle Avenue and South Decatur Boulevard. 702*-834-5700.
10. Surf City Bar & Grill is a San Diego Charger bar all the way. They will be giving away Charger memorabilia during Charger games and on Monday nights, they will be giving away free hats and T-shirts for the teams that are playing that night. The bar has four 52-inch televisions and two projector screens. Food and drink specials include $3 Bud Light and Coors Lite drafts and taquitos, mini chimichanga, hot wings and football nachos for $7 each. The bar and grill also has one pool table and a bowling game. West Craig Road and North Martin Luther King Boulevard. 702-633-4234.
11. Moon Doggies Bar & Naked City Pizza is the place to go if you are a Buffalo Bills fan. Naked City Pizza is owned by a guy from Buffalo, New York, and is known for its pizza, chicken wings and suicide fries. Football fans can catch the action on 8 televisions above the bar and a projector screen in the restaurant area. Food and drink specials include $2 slices of cheese pizza; $2 off of the Beef-On-Weck and chicken find subs; 20 wings and 12 slices of one-topping pizza for $20; $2 16 oz. Labatte Blue and Coors lite drafts; $3 16 oz. Blue Moon drafts; $15 Coors Lite buckets; $20 Coors Lite towers; $5 Bloody Marys; and $6.50 Jack and coke. One word of advice, this place is packed when the Bills are playing. So, get there early for a place to park and a seat. The crowed is a lot of fun though and the bartenders are super friendly. South Arville Street and West Desert Inn Road. 702-368-4180.
12. Time-Out Sports Bar and Grill is also a Buffalo Bills bar. Time-Out has 18 televisions total: 10 37-inch televisions about the bar and 8 50-inch TVs around the rest of the bar area. There will be half-time giveaways during each Buffalo Bills game and they will also be serving Beef-On-Weck during the games. Other food and drink specials include $1.50 slices of pizza, a 14-inch pizza for $9, $2 Labatte Blues; $15 Heineken buckets; and Fireball whiskey and Camarena tequila shots for $3. The bar and grill also has two dart boards, a boxing machine, and two pool tables. West Charleston Boulevard and South Jones Boulevard. 702-880-8180.
13. Food and drink specials at Hooligans Bar & Grill, which just opened a few months ago, include $5.99 for a burger, fries and 16 oz. domestic draft; $12 for their big burger, fries and 22 oz. domestic draft; 50-cent chicken wings; $2 16 oz. domestic drafts; $5 domestic draft pitchers; $6 for a 16 oz domestic draft and shot of Fireball whiskey; and $10 bucket of five coronas. Hooligans Bar & Grill has been making quite a name for itself for their hamburgers, which includes the Loaded Baked Potato Burger and something called The Hangover Remedy. Their jalapeno fries also seem to be a favorite of their patrons. Hooligans has 5 televisions in the bar area, ranging in size from 42 to 55 inches and a larger one (55 inches) in the lounge area. They also have shuffleboard and gaming machines. Customers will also have the chance to win $50 bar tabs during the games Hooligans doesn't support any particular team, they want every football fan to feel welcome. South Rainbow Boulevard and West Oakey Boulevard. 702-754-3697.
There are obviously many, many more bars and restaurants in Las Vegas where you can watch football and get your grub on. Feel free to let us know your favorite in the comment section. We just like the number 13. This list is not in any particular order and is not sponsored.