Action News Consumer Complaint Center

Action News Consumer Complaint Center

CREATED Aug 8, 2011

There are several local resources to help you solve problems that can make living in Las Vegas frustrating. Below are several contacts for filing consumer complaints in the state of Nevada.

The Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles handles complaints regarding car repair shops, identity theft, and more. The DMV also now investigates complaints against auto-related businesses.

File a complaint with the Nevada DMV against a business or individual here.

If you believe someone has used your identification to obtain a license, file a complaint here.

To verify that your auto-related business has a valid and current license, check here.

The Department of Business & Industry runs a Nevada Fight Fraud website. It's a good starting point for mortgage and foreclosure fraud issues, internet scams, and other financial consumer complaints.

The Nevada Real Estate Division handles investigations into homeowners associations, real estate permit holders and more. File a complaint here.

For issues with renters and landlords, learn your tenant rights and how to file a complaint against your property manager at this website.

The Nevada Office of the Labor Commissioner handles complaints in the workplace. If you are not getting paid, or believe your being unfairly treated as an employee, file a complaint here.

The Nevada Attorney General's Office handles consumer protection issues, primarily relating to health and alcohol/drug abuse. Learn more on their website.

The Southern Nevada Better Business Bureau handles many complaints against local businesses. Find out how to contact them on their website.

If you're finding it difficult to solve your consumer complaint, fill out a You Ask. We Investigate form. We'll read your submission and see if we can help.

Or, you can email us at or call our Contact 13 hotline (702) 368-2255 between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday through Friday.

If you'd like to become a Call for Action Volunteer, call (702) 257-8333 and please leave your name and phone number.