Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- While officers are out on the roads targeting impaired drivers over the holiday weekend, firefighters are busy as well.
On Sunday night, a propane grill started a house fire in the area of Pecos and Windmill in Henderson. The fire had broken out a rear window and was beginning to extend into the home.
No injuries were reported, and damage was estimated at $50,000.
Action News was at Rollin Smoke Barbeque at Desert Inn and Highland on Monday morning, to get safety tips for those planning a backyard get together.
Dusty Ardoin, pit master at Rollin Smoke, said his main advice is to never walk away from your grill. When there's a hot flame, it's best to monitor your grill at all times.
Also, always check hoses for gas leaks and always keep the lid open when lighting the grill. Remember, keep your grill at least 10-feet from the house, especially if you're using a charcoal grill.
Ever year, gas and charcoal grills cause 8,600 house fires and hurt more than 7,000 people.
For more grilling safety tips, click here.