Report: Intoxicated woman makes bomb threat at Las Vegas airport

Report: Intoxicated woman makes bomb threat at Las Vegas airport

By Krista Hostetler. CREATED Sep 3, 2014 - UPDATED: Sep 5, 2014

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- A woman was arrested in Las Vegas for allegedly making a bomb threat.

On Aug. 29, Tamara Reid approached the E14 gate of Terminal 3 at McCarran International Airport, attempting to board an Alaska Airlines flight to Portland.

More mug shots making headlines

According to the arrest report, due to Reid being intoxicated and arriving at the gate six minutes prior to the plane leaving, she was denied entrance on the flight.

Reid argued at the gate with an employee and then called the Alaska Airlines reservation line. She began arguing with the employee in reference to her being denied boarding and was making threats to the employee that she was going to turn them into the FAA.

Reid then allegedly made a comment about her luggage that was supposedly on the plane to Portland and said, "How do you know if I don't have a bomb in my bag?"

The agent then ended the call with Reid and called Alaska Airlines in Las Vegas to inform them of what Reid said. Reps notified Las Vegas police, who then responded to the gate.

Officers began making notifications to the FBI and the Southern Nevada Counterterrorism watch desk.

Portland Airport was contacted, who notified the pilot and the ground crew in Portland. Operations had the plane stop short at a holding pad, where they could screen Reid's five-year-old daughter, who was aboard the plane, and also check any luggage belonging to Reid.

Ground operations could not find any bags that belonged to Reid, so they notified the Las Vegas airport, who also checked for any bags belonging to Reid. Neither could find any checked luggage.

Reid finally told officers she didn't have any checked bags, and she had just made the statement in a rant. She then continued to deny that she made any threat to the aircraft.

Reid was arrested for making a bomb threat, knowing the threat to be false. She was transported to the Clark County Detention Center.

Reid's daughter was released to her grandparents.