Weather Alerts 8 View »

More wild and wet weather headed to Southern Nevada

Image by VIEWER DAVID ZORZI

More wild and wet weather headed to Southern Nevada

By Joyce Lupiani. CREATED Aug 23, 2013

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- More wild weather could be headed to the Las Vegas Valley this weekend.

The National Weather Service issued a flash flood watch for all of Southern Nevada from late Saturday night until Monday evening.

Parts of Arizona and California may also be affected.

The current forecast says there is a 20 percent of rain Friday; 20 to 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms on Saturday; a 70 percent of storms on Sunday; and a 50 percent chance of more rain on Monday.

The rain is expected to end on Tuesday although there will still be a slight chance of showers for a couple more days.

The rain is a result of a tropical depression that is currently gathering strength over the Baja Peninsula.

If there is a significant amount of rain, flash flooding will likely happen in low-lying areas and on Valley roads.

The latest forecasts and information on any watches or warnings can be found here.

Please send your weather photos and videos to icontribute@ktnv.com.

Check out these photos from past storms.

Joyce Lupiani

Joyce Lupiani

Email Twitter
Joyce Lupiani is the managing editor for PositivelyLV.com and contributes to KTNV.com and NowTrending.com.