Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- The attorney's request to withdraw from the murder case against alleged Strip shooter Ammar Harris has been granted.
Special Public Defender David Schieck told a Las Vegas judge Monday morning there has been a breakdown of communication and trust between his office and Ammar Harris.
He also told the court that Harris is planning on filing a lawsuit against his office for the handling of a sexual assault and robbery case.
Harris was found guilty in that case last month.
When Harris was asked if he wanted a new lawyer by the judge, Harris said that he did. Another meeting will take place next Wednesday regarding the appointment of a new lawyer.
In addition, the trial start date of Dec. 2 will most likely be pushed back. The judge explained to Harris during court that if he is granted a new lawyer, the trial would probably be delayed. However, Harris is still insisting on a speedy trial.
Harris is accused of killing three people. Prosecutors said he shot Kenneth Cherry Jr. as the two drove in separate cars on the Las Vegas Strip in February. Cherry then crashed into a taxi, killing its two occupants.
Action News will update this story as more information is received.