RENO, Nev. (AP) -- Embattled Washoe County School District Superintendent Pedro Martinez is back on the job, 10 days after he was told he was being "relieved of his duties" effective immediately.
Martinez returned to work Friday after school board President Barbara Cook issued a statement saying the board has agreed to void any action it took last week regarding his employment and wants him to return to work immediately.
Cook said in the statement Thursday the circumstances surrounding last week's discussions about Martinez "had more to do with attitude, demeanor and lack of cooperation than it did with certifications and diplomas."
Martinez told the Reno Gazette-Journal he's not dropping his two lawsuits against the district and school board, and he wants an investigation of the board's alleged violations of the Nevada Open Meeting Law.
He says he wants the school year to start right and felt an obligation to return immediately.