Weather Alerts 2 View »

2 adults, 1 cat displaced after Henderson home fire


Video by

2 adults, 1 cat displaced after Henderson home fire

By Joyce Lupiani. CREATED Sep 5, 2014

Henderson, NV (KTNV) -- A residential fire at around 6 p.m. Thursday near College and Mission streets in Henderson has displaced two adults from their home.

According to the Henderson Fire Department, the homeowner discovered a fire in his garage after his smoke detectors began going off.

He attempted to extinguish the fire with fire extinguishers but was unable to do so. He left the home and called 911.

By the time the fire department arrived, the fire had extended into the home and into the attic space.

The homeowner was treated for minor smoke inhalation and released. The family's pet cat was retrieved from the home uninjured. One firefighter was transported to the hospital for heat exhaustion and was treated and released.

The two adults are now being assisted by the American Red Cross.

The fire was ruled to be accidental and loss is estimated at $120,000.

Joyce Lupiani

Joyce Lupiani

Email Twitter
Joyce Lupiani is the managing editor for and contributes to and