Weather Alerts 1 View »

Early-morning fire sends woman to the hospital

Early-morning fire sends woman to the hospital

By Joyce Lupiani. CREATED Aug 21, 2012

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- An early-morning kitchen fire has sent a woman to a local hospital for minor injuries.

The fire was in an apartment at the Lubertha Johnson Estates on 3900 Perry St., near Nellis Boulevard and Flamingo Road.

According to a spokesperson for the Clark County Fire Department, multiple calls were received at about 1:41 a.m. this morning.

One of the callers informed dispatch that there was a woman in the apartment and they were unable to summon her to the door.

Firefighters used a bedroom window to enter the apartment. They were able to locate the woman on the floor of the apartment.

The fire started in the kitchen. It may have started because of an unattended pot on the stove.

The building was protected by fire sprinklers and one sprinkler was activated in the kitchen, controlling the fire.

No other apartments, civilians or firefighters were injured. Damage is estimated at $5,000.

The woman is reported to be in stable condition.

Personnel from Las Vegas Fire & Rescue also responded to the fire.


Joyce Lupiani

Joyce Lupiani

Email Twitter
Joyce Lupiani is the managing editor for and contributes to and