Weather Alerts 6 View »

Unattended candle causes fire at Henderson home

Unattended candle causes fire at Henderson home

By Joyce Lupiani. CREATED Apr 27, 2012

Henderson, NV (KTNV) -- An unattended candle caused a fire in a Henderson home at about 4:46 a.m. Friday near the intersection of Valley Verde and Windmill Road.

The occupants of the two-story home were awakened by smoke detectors and discovered flames spreading up the wall and across the ceiling. They called 911 and quickly exited the residence.

An adult female was treated on scene for smoke inhalation.

There were no other injuries to civilians, firefighters or pets.

The American Red Cross was called in to assist with the placement of the occupants of the house.

The candle that started the fire was left burning on a nightstand in a bedroom.

Damage is estimated at a total of $35,000.



Joyce Lupiani

Joyce Lupiani

Email Twitter
Joyce Lupiani is the managing editor for and contributes to and