By Kimberly Foley. CREATED Mar 1, 2014
Papillion, NE - On Wednesday, a sixth grader went back to school after two staffers at school saved his life earlier in the week.
Tuesday was "Nacho Day" at Hickory Hill Elementary School in Papillion.
Paraprofessional Gina Trout noticed that Nick Bierschenk was choking on a chip.
She started the heimlich, but needed help.
That's when custodian John Mason stepped in.
"I was kind of scared until I started throwing up and things were coming out," said Nick. "I could breathe. I felt better."
Mason said the big lesson here is if you need help, make sure somebody knows about it.
"Something needed to be done, and we did it," he said. "That's kind of how I am about most things."
Nick said he plans to write thank you notes to both people who saved him.