The Canyon County Mosquito Abatement District is reporting that a trap in Middleton between Kingsbury Road and Lansing Lane south of Foothill Drive has tested positive for West Nile Virus.
The CCMAD is monitoring the area and will use additional rounds of mosquito spraying that will take place over the next several nights between Lansing Lane and Kingsbury Lane south of Foothill Drive to the Boise River.
We also urge all who live in this area to take the necessary precautions listed below:
• Avoid mosquitoes between the hours of dusk and dawn. This is when the species of mosquitoes that carry West Nile Virus are the most active.
• Prevent and/or drain any standing water. Avoid over irrigating this can lead to stagnant water that may stay for several days.
• Use mosquito repellent containing DEET 30% or any other EPA approved mosquito repellent.
• Cover up exposed skin, even in hot weather. Wear long sleeve shirts and pants.
• Insect proof your home. This species of potential disease carrying mosquitoes can regularly enter homes.