New state laws go into effect at midnight
TUCSON (KGUN-TV) - A slew of new state laws go into effect at midnight.
Here are some highlights:
* It becomes a felony to post nude or sexual photos of people online without their consent.
* Micro brewers can sell growlers made of stainless steel, ceramic or non-porous plastic in addition to glass.
* Aiming a laser pointer at an occupied aircraft is now a misdemeanor.
* Space flight companies that have customers sign release forms face limited liability.
* The Department of Safety will begin releasing alerts when people age 65 or over go missing.
* Helping a minor get an abortion without parental consent becomes a misdemeanor. Also, the Department of Health Services must get a warrant before unannounced inspections of abortion clinics during business hours.
* Those who operate motorized boats who refuse to submit to a drug or alcohol test will be subject to a civil penalty.
* Counties can no longer restrict the legal use of firearms or archery equipment on private property.
* Members of the military or former members who have been honorably discharged can receive concealed weapons permits at age 19 instead of 21.