Weather Alerts 5 View »

Coroner: 'Glee' actor Monteith died of overdose

Cory Monteith at the 2010 GLAAD Media Awards. Image by Greg Hernandez / GLAAD Media Awards

Coroner: 'Glee' actor Monteith died of overdose

By Laura Kittell. CREATED Jul 16, 2013

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) - A coroner says 'Glee' actor Cory Monteith died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol.
The British Columbia coroner's office said in a statement Tuesday that "there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most tragic accident."
The 31-year-old was found dead in his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on Saturday. He was believed to be alone when he died.
Monteith had talked bluntly about struggling with addiction since he was a teenager, calling it a serious problem and telling Parade magazine in 2011 he was "lucky to be alive."

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)