Family of four displaced after mobile home fire

Family of four displaced after mobile home fire

By Rikki Mitchell. CREATED Sep 6, 2013 - UPDATED: Sep 6, 2013

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - The Red Cross is helping four people after their mobile home caught fire Friday.

Capt. Adam Goldberg with Northwest Fire tells KGUN9 that the fire broke out at a mobile home at 1649 W. Wetmore Rd.

Neighbors saw smoke and flames coming from the single wide mobile home and called 9-1-1.

Fire crews found heavy smoke and flames when they arrived coming from under the home. No one was home at the time of the fire.

Crews fought the fire aggressively from from the outside and on the inside. It took 25 minutes from when they arrived to get the fire out.

Investigators determined the fire was accidental when the water heater fell through a weakened and damaged area of floor, which broke the gas line, sparking the fire.

Damage is estimated at $20,000.

Two children, a 14-year-old and a 12-year-old live in the home with two adults.

The Red Cross is providing food, clothing and shelter.

Rikki Mitchell

Rikki Mitchell

Email Facebook Twitter
Rikki Mitchell is a proud University of Arizona grad and joined the KGUN9 team after graduation. Rikki reports for the evening newscasts.