Electrical malfunction causes early morning house fire

Electrical malfunction causes early morning house fire

By Ina Ronquillo. CREATED Aug 7, 2013

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Two people had to quickly evacuate after being woken up to the smell of smoke and discovering their shed on fire.

Capt. Barrett Baker tells KGUN9 that firefighters responded to the 8600 block of East Lee Lane.

When crew arrived on scene, they found a shed attached to the home on fire. They were concerned with the potential of the fire spreading into the living area of the home.

The homeowner called 911 to report the fire, said Baker.

Firefighters had the blaze under control four minutes after arriving on scene.

No injuries were reported and the American Red Cross was not needed, said Baker.

An unspecified electrical malfunction was determined to be the cause of the fire with the loss estimate to be less than $5,000.

Tucson Fire reminds the public to get out and stay out.  If you see fire or smell smoke call 9-1-1 and get out as quickly as possible.  If you have children practice this and always have a meeting place outside.

Ina Ronquillo

Ina Ronquillo

Email Twitter
Ina received her Bachelor of Arts from the University of Arizona with a double major in Media Arts and Communication.