Building considered total loss following overnight building fire
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - A building is considered a total loss after a fire broke out late Saturday night.
Capt. Barrett Baker with Tucson Fire tells KGUN9 that crews responded to a two-alarm building fire in the 3900 block of East Ft. Lowell Road.
The crew reported the fire was inside the wall and that the structure itself was on fire, not the contents inside, said Baker.
Flames were visible from the exterior, with heavy fire coming out of the vents and eaves of the building.
Once most of the flames were extinguished, firefighters were able to use long extension ladders to gain access to the attic space from the outside and extinguish any remaining hot spots.
There were no injuries reported, said Baker.
The cause of the fire was determined to be wood material that had been in the fire place earlier in the day that was moved out of the fireplace and up against the building on the outside, said Baker.
The wood burned under the frame stucco wall and into the void space around the fire place.
The building is considered a total loss due to the heavy fire damage in the attic.