PINAL COUNTY, Ariz. (KGUN9-TV) - Accused teen serial rapist, Tyler Kost, faces a new set of charges in connection after an alleged thirteenth victim has come forward. In all, the San Tan Valley teen is charged with 30 counts. The alleged victims range in age from 12-17 years old.
To date, Kost is charged with the following offenses:
- 3 counts - Sexual Abuse with a Minor, under the age of 15
- 7 counts - Sexual Conduct with a Minor, under the age of 15
- 1 counts - Child molestation, a child under 15
- 7 counts - Sexual Assault with a Minor, 15 or older
- 7 counts - Sexual Abuse with a Minor, 15 or older
- 3 counts - Sexual Conduct with a Minor, 15 or older
- 1 count - Attempted Sexual Abuse, under the age of 15
- 1 count – Attempted Child Molestation, under the age of 15
Back on April 28, Pinal County Sheriff's deputies arrested kost, charging the then Poston Butte High School senior with two counts of sexual assault and two counts of sexual misconduct with a minor. He was released on $10,000 bond. According to PCSD, the allegations surfaced after deputies received a call from someone claiming teen had sexually assaulted, abused and molested five teenage girls in the San Tan Valley area. Detectives began investigating the claims and the number of alleged victims quickly climbed.
According to the Pinal County Attorney's office, the alleged crimes took place from october 2009 to april 2014.
Then, in May, the 18-year-old was re-arrested and indicted on 27 counts involving 11 victims. A few weeks later, on May 21, PCAO filed a second indictment in connection with a twelfth victim.
The latest indictment, the third indictment, was filed on August 6, bringing the total count of charges to 30 and the number of alleged victims to 13.
Kost's defense attorney's recently filed a motion to change venue. The motion was denied. A pre-trial conference is set for September 29 in Pinal County.