Sun Tran route 1, 4 changes start Sunday
Web Producer: Alyssa Reilly
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Sun Tran hybrid buses reach new heights that the Sixth Avenue underpass does not agree with.
Starting Sunday, Sun Tran Routes one and four will be moving in a different direction due to the height of the future hybrid buses.
Sun Tran and Sun Van Communications Manager Kandi Young tells KGUN9 that the Route one buses have dropped the Sixth Street detour due to the streetcar construction on University Blvd and moved paths through downtown.
Route one new bus stop locations:
• Broadway at Fourth Avenue
• Euclid Avenue at Broadway (NE corner)
• Broadway at Euclid Avenue (NW corner)
• Euclid Avenue at Ninth Street (NE and SW corners)
• Euclid Avenue at Sixth Street (NE and SW corners)
• Euclid Avenue at University Boulevard (NE and SW corners)
• Euclid Avenue at First Street (NE and SW corners)
• Speedway Boulevard at Euclid Avenue (SE corner)
• Euclid Avenue at Speedway Boulevard (SW corner)
Young tells KGUN9 that eastbound Route four buses will now leave from the center on Toole Avenue to Stone Avenue rather than Ronstadt Transit Center on Sixth Avenue.
Route four new bus stop locations:
• Toole Avenue at Seventh Avenue
• Stone Avenue at University Boulevard
• Speedway Boulevard at Stone Avenue
For more information on discontinued bus stops visit www.suntran.com/alerts.php.