Northwest Fire responds to fire at restaurant

Northwest Fire responds to fire at restaurant

CREATED May 7, 2012

Web Producer: Ina Ronquillo

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - A restaurant sustained smoke damage after rags were found smoldering in the kitchen.

According to Cpt. Adam Goldberg, firefighters were dispatched to a reported smoke alarm activation at the Monkey Business Restaurant located in the 8500 block of North Silverbell Road.

When crews arrived on scene, they found moderate smoke within the building.  A search using Thermal Imaging Camera’s found a small box of kitchen rags smoldering.

The alarm system is credited with alerting firefighters to the smoldering rags before they began to burn with open flames.

Smoke damage is minimal and the business is expected to re-open.