Tucson Fire responds to accidental house fire

Tucson Fire responds to accidental house fire

CREATED Nov 7, 2011

Web Producer: Marlena Hamilton

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - An accidental house fire broke out on North Sandecker Lane Sunday.

According to Tricia Tracy, a spokesperson with Tucson Fire tells KGUN9 the homeowner called 911 saying the smoke alarms were going off inside the house and it smelled like smoke.

All family members were waiting outside when firefighters arrived.

The residents of the house told the firefighters that the wall near the chimney was bubbling, according to Tracy.

All family members evacuated safely and no injuries occurred.

It took 15 minutes for firefighters to locate and put out the fire that was found in the wall near the chimney, according to Tracy.

There were combustible materials too close to heat that caused the fire.

The Red Cross was not needed and the damages are estimated to be $20,000.