By Phyllis Stark. CREATED Dec 22, 2013
The editors at Time magazine have released their list of the top 25 songs of the year, the ones they say "had us tapping our toes, bobbing our heads, tearing up, dancing and — because it’s the season — prancing in 2013."
As Time writes, "Choosing between incredible newcomers like Ariana Grande, Chvrches, and A$AP Ferg and seasoned veterans like Jay Z, Vampire Weekend and Justin Timberlake is a daunting task. Narrowing down a year that easily had hundreds of incredible tracks to a svelte 25 was almost impossible."
Their list, as they explain, "includes everything from country heart-breakers to hip-hop anthems to effervescent pop songs sure to worm their way into your ear." Check out the top 10 below, and the rest of the list here.
1. Kanye, "New Slaves"
2. Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams, "Get Lucky"
3. Phosphorescent, "Song for Zula"
4. Ciara, "Body Party"
5. HAIM, "The Wire"
6. Kacey Musgraves, "Follow Your Arrow"
7. Drake feat. Majid Jordan, "Hold On We're Going Home"
8. Janelle Monae feat. Erykah Badu, "Q.U.E.E.N"
9. Big Sean feat. Kendrick Lamar and Jay Electronica, "Control"
10. Disclosure feat. AlunaGeorge, "White Noise"